Texas Fishing Forum

Pre-front Summer bank fishing.........

Posted By: BankfishinDave

Pre-front Summer bank fishing......... - 08/20/15 10:10 AM

.......can be good. Fished a shallow point on Lavon with good South winds the other night.
Only had bluegills to cut but they worked well. Probably 5-8ft on the north end of the lake. It was a spot
I'd never tried before so no expectations but first fish was a 20 so happy the skunk critter didn't show.
Fish moved through in waves after that. Not sure the weather fronts matter much this time of year but
I'll take the winds ! Finished the night with a 20-16-26-15-10-33-16 and a couple eaters.

Posted By: Blues

Re: Pre-front Summer bank fishing......... - 08/20/15 12:49 PM

flehan Dang Dave, you the man.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Pre-front Summer bank fishing......... - 08/20/15 01:18 PM

Nice fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: Pre-front Summer bank fishing......... - 08/20/15 01:43 PM

Nice job! It's good to see some pics of some summertime blues, been a tough summer for me to get the nice ones this year, well done sir thumb
Posted By: Blues

Re: Pre-front Summer bank fishing......... - 08/20/15 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: mjmetro0719
Nice job! It's good to see some pics of some summertime blues, been a tough summer for me to get the nice ones this year, well done sir thumb

+1 only had one over 20 since March and Dave does it from the bank...
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Pre-front Summer bank fishing......... - 08/20/15 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Nice fish. Good job. cheers

Plus #1.
Posted By: BankfishinDave

Re: Pre-front Summer bank fishing......... - 08/20/15 05:59 PM

Thanks folks, there usually tends to be a good window of catfish activity sometime in the months of August and early September in the NE. Spent alot of nights on the bank trying to figure it out but there definitely seems to be an increase in catfish activity. Still not sure of the reason, whether it be post-spawn behavior or that they are just hungry from swimming around all the time in the hot water but the fishing does seem to get better for a bit before the Fall transition. Just following these forums would clue me in when I first started . Would see guides like Doug "Tex" Elliot and some dude named Polebender Simpson as well as BigBlueorGaspergoo from these forums catching real nice fish in the Summer, day and night. No need to give up on blue catfishing in the Summertime.
Posted By: PlanoJames

Re: Pre-front Summer bank fishing......... - 08/21/15 12:00 AM

Nice going Dave!
Posted By: olenarey87

Re: Pre-front Summer bank fishing......... - 08/21/15 02:29 AM

Nice haul!!! I'm hoping to put a few decent fish on the bank next week. Unfortunately my bank fishing game is not as strong as yours
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: Pre-front Summer bank fishing......... - 08/21/15 09:33 PM

You know what Dave, popcorn2 I do believe your gonna hook a true " GIANT " one of these days.
Posted By: BankAngler50

Re: Pre-front Summer bank fishing......... - 08/22/15 12:33 PM

Great works, as always yours logistics were right on target! thumb
Posted By: BIGHAWK

Re: Pre-front Summer bank fishing......... - 08/25/15 09:22 PM

Nice catches
Posted By: 7777

Re: Pre-front Summer bank fishing......... - 08/25/15 11:24 PM

thumb
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Pre-front Summer bank fishing......... - 08/27/15 08:29 PM

cheers