Texas Fishing Forum

Favorite Bait for Juglines?

Posted By: TexomaCatfisher

Favorite Bait for Juglines? - 08/19/15 03:05 PM

I know that there are many opinions on what is the best bait for jug lines. Mainly I use chicken livers, because that is what I was taught to use by my grandfather and they have produced a lot of fish for me. I have also tried frozen shrimp and even live night crawlers. What is your favorite bait for jug lines?
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Favorite Bait for Juglines? - 08/19/15 03:31 PM

Lil green sunfish about 3 to 4 inches long. Scale one side or if they are dead cut 3 small vertical slices on one side to let the smell/flavor out faster, 8/0 octopus hook. Easy to catch these with a perch trap. Blues and big channels will gobble them up. I do catch an occasional gar but you will catch those with about anything you use. I never been any good at catching big gizzard shad but if I had these they would be the first choice.
Posted By: Bminchew

Re: Favorite Bait for Juglines? - 08/19/15 04:12 PM

Shad or cut buffalo for me.
Posted By: Bittercreek

Re: Favorite Bait for Juglines? - 08/19/15 06:37 PM

Bull-Liver. Tougher bloodier, great for eaters.
Shad for straight blues all sizes.
Posted By: Red White and Blue Guide Svc

Re: Favorite Bait for Juglines? - 08/20/15 01:20 AM

if there are blue cats where you fish, you cant beat chicken breast! raw, boneless skinless chicken breast. stays on the hook and blue cats love it. channel cats and even flatheads bite it too, but it is the best bait for blue cats on jugs! check this video out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvFhe0MPXEQ#t=719
Posted By: Cat finder

Re: Favorite Bait for Juglines? - 08/20/15 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Red White and Blue Guide Svc
if there are blue cats where you fish, you cant beat chicken breast! raw, boneless skinless chicken breast. stays on the hook and blue cats love it. channel cats and even flatheads bite it too, but it is the best bait for blue cats on jugs! check this video out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvFhe0MPXEQ#t=719

How big are the cuts?
Posted By: Red White and Blue Guide Svc

Re: Favorite Bait for Juglines? - 08/20/15 02:24 AM

thumb size pieces.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum