Texas Fishing Forum

Slip corks .75cent each

Posted By: jason77

Slip corks .75cent each - 08/18/15 12:51 AM

I did not want to post these on an other members thread. Even though the are a cppy of willierips. These are made by Chemdawgs youngest son he is 13-14 yr I believe. In stead of the wire that bends so easy. His son put in a brass eye that screws down in the wood and wood glued in place so they won't come out. Both willie and these work very well and are sensitive. They work great on those days they are hitting really light. The cast pretty far. The big difference in the 2 is Chemdawgs solid brass eye that won't breaks or come out. Chemdawgs son's corks are .75cents each. Most people want to charge up to $3 for one . You can't beat that price of 75 cents.These are good corks . I bought 50 of the A bad bobber in the store is around $1.50 these are much better and won't hurt the pocket book when I loose one to a snag I bout these about 3-4 weeks ago off him

Posted By: WillieRip

Re: Slop corks .75cent each - 08/18/15 04:03 AM

Oh, I see. Tell him good job! I never would have thought of the eyelet screw. If he doesn't mind, take some cheap one inch masking tape to tape around the float, then paint. It will leave a nice clean line.

Good idea with the wood glue. Again I never would have thought of that. My boat builders experience, I'm always using boat builder's epoxy for most anything wood related. Simple wood glue is a great way to save time and it's waterproof as well. At least I've seen certain types of waterproof wood glue.

It's cool he can bring his own experience to these and make them better.
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: Slop corks .75cent each - 08/18/15 10:39 PM

that one my daughter did she's 5 and wanted to make her own there rest of hers are all yellow with pockudots lol he first tried just to scare them i but the screes were backing out you can get those scre eys on amazon.com they are cheap and at 75cent eat you really cant heat it, he got the idea for the screw in eyes from Freeman Clark that is how he does his up. after a few came out he when can got some super glue i had in the boat mentioned the word glue. it a great little bobber. if you cant fined them on there they are the 3mm eye lets let me know i will send them to you the sure cam in handy today i had a guided trip that they were biteing so light half the time you would just see your cork studder and nt move with the wave that long stick her makes it visible we pick up 28 today we would have done better but i have 4 boys all under 10 in the boat that could not sit steal kept crossing every one i spent half my time fixing there stuff when i coerced the 9yr he told me to shut up for i sec there I had to go SSG Waterhouse on him he cried for about 15mins he dad didn't day anything i never had an issue out of him for the rest of the trip they had never been fishing before so they did not know what to do but they would not listen I cold not geve get them to touch the dough bait I was kind of insulted alway thought is smeeled good any how thanks of the video that his how my son copied them i told him i would sell the on here he sells quit a few and keeps him busy for a bit. I thinks is good that he is dont them we dont have to buy cork my oldest son works and an Italian restaurant and gets them by the bag full. so all we have to do is buy the dowls paint and eye. if you need corks let me know i will see what i can do it will be cheapen then how your buying them now

How did you like that stuff i send you
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Slop corks .75cent each - 08/19/15 04:22 PM

That's a lot of corks and a lot of wine!!! cheers
Posted By: WillieRip

Re: Slop corks .75cent each - 08/19/15 05:01 PM

Oh, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Slop corks .75cent each - 08/20/15 08:24 PM

Killin me!! roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum