Texas Fishing Forum

5th Annual Warriors Day on the Water!

Posted By: parttime

5th Annual Warriors Day on the Water! - 07/31/15 05:09 PM

hey folks it that time again, this is a great way to show our veterans our appreciation for what they do for this great nation! Those who are familiar with this event will notice a slight change as we have dropped "Wounded" from the title of the event. We did this because this year we want to support all vets.
This is a great day that starts out with volunteer boat captains taking our vets out for a morning of fishing on Calaveras Lake. Then in the afternoon we have a great cookout for everyone and we have a drawing for the vets for gifts.
We are currently looking for Boat Captains, and donations. Donations can be cash, gift cards, and does not have to be just fishing related.
If you would like to volunteer to be a boat captain, please contact Oscar Castillo at 210-643-3396.
For donations, please PM or email me @ janderjeski@satx.rr.com , no donation is to small!
If you are a vet who would like to participate, contact me at the email above.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 5th Annual Warriors Day on the Water! - 07/31/15 10:56 PM

As always you can count me in on a donation. cheers It is GREAT what you all are doing John. God bless our VETS! flag

PM Sent!
Posted By: steveiam

Re: 5th Annual Warriors Day on the Water! - 07/31/15 11:54 PM

Good deal John-
Guys I've done one like this on a local lake before-
Very satisfying -
If you are Thinking about it and just maybe have some questions call or PM john-

It's hard to feel better after a day on the lake with these
Guys/gals.
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: 5th Annual Warriors Day on the Water! - 08/01/15 05:54 AM

this is a grate even i went last year with my boys even though i slipped and crack a verba in my back it was still a fun day and the kids had fun
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: 5th Annual Warriors Day on the Water! - 08/02/15 03:51 PM

cheers

Re: 5th Annual Warriors Day on the Water! - 08/04/15 12:03 PM

Thanks guys!
Posted By: CATFISH KILLER

Re: 5th Annual Warriors Day on the Water! - 08/04/15 01:29 PM

Part time
This is big marv I will help out with some bait and maybe my boat.
Also I will donate a 50 dollar prize for the raffle.
Big Marv

Re: 5th Annual Warriors Day on the Water! - 08/04/15 08:19 PM

Thanks Marv, I appreciate it!
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: 5th Annual Warriors Day on the Water! - 08/05/15 03:15 PM

flag
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: 5th Annual Warriors Day on the Water! - 08/07/15 05:32 PM

Love reading post like this! God Bless Our Vets! flag

Re: 5th Annual Warriors Day on the Water! - 08/24/15 01:27 PM

Hey Folks, we really need some donations to get thing going, please contribute if you can.

thanks!

Re: 5th Annual Warriors Day on the Water! - 09/28/15 05:55 PM

UPDATE: Thanks folks, we have gotten all the general volunteers we need for the event. HOWEVER, we can still use some boat captain volunteers (contact Oscar - (210) 643-3396) and we need donations, we are way behind previous years donations. Donation ideas; Cash is always good and lets us purchase just what we need, gift cards for stores, restaurants, the movies, most of our vets have families so it not just fishing gear. That being said, we will be happy to get fishing gear as well. For the past 4 years we have gotten enough donations to ensure each vet/family member received a gift, we would like to make this happen again this year, but to be honest, it is not looking good. So, anything will help and we appreciate any donations. Thanks, you can contact me for donations:

John Anderjeski
210-316-2962
A&J Outdoors LLC

Re: 5th Annual Warriors Day on the Water! - 10/06/15 08:24 PM

Just a few weeks away and we're still looking for donations to make this thing work, please help if you can. We do have a Go Fund Me site, if interested in donating through that, message me for the link.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum