Texas Fishing Forum

baited hole on LA for you to try

Posted By: DavidWhatley

baited hole on LA for you to try - 07/20/15 08:29 PM

I baited a hole on Lake Arlington yesterday (7-19-15 ) with a tow sack of range cubes, so hopefully it will last a couple of weeks. the sack is in 17 fow off of a 13" deep point. As typing this I discovered I didnt have my Long/Lat with me, but will add that tonight sometime.
From Richard Simpson Park, go N towards the damn maybe 1,000 yrds. There is a small pocket on your right with a few homes and boat houses. One of the homes has a retaining wall that juts out toward the main lake. Facing that wall, 50/75 yards in front of you and with a small point to your right is where the bait sack was dropped.
Sorry I left the Lng/Lat at the house this morning, but will add it when I can.
Please let me know if you fish it, and how you do.
DW

Re: baited hole on LA for you to try - 07/20/15 08:38 PM

Did a quick google map screen capture to help with a visual. Note, the google map was from last year. More water in the lake now smile

Posted By: olenarey87

Re: baited hole on LA for you to try - 07/20/15 11:27 PM

Very nice offer, not everyone would bait a hole and be fine with people fishing it. cheers

Re: baited hole on LA for you to try - 07/21/15 03:08 AM

Olen, I might feel differently if I needed to rely on fishing to eat or was afraid the spot would be fished out. But those aren't concerns. Better for folks to have fun and since I cant fish but about 5 hours a week I would prefer feedback on how it worked.
David

Re: baited hole on LA for you to try - 07/21/15 03:10 AM

Meant to say fished out
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: baited hole on LA for you to try - 07/21/15 01:26 PM

You can keep the hole going if everybody that fishes it also puts out some cubes
Posted By: J.StoneRepairs

Re: baited hole on LA for you to try - 07/21/15 06:14 PM

Then it would turn into a Super Honey Hole

Re: baited hole on LA for you to try - 08/09/15 10:48 PM

Found the coordinate of the hole I baited
N32°42.857
W97° 11.871
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: baited hole on LA for you to try - 08/09/15 11:03 PM

I kinda of miss those days when a perfect stranger invited me over to fish his honey hole after he had been catch big cat after big cat out of it as I trolled by coming out of a cove.
It probably didn't hurt my cause when he asked me if I had a net while he was battling a huge cat.
I trolled over and loaned my net that he used to haul in a 25# blue cat. He then told me to anchor up, showed me what he was using and said, "The more stink we put in the hole the better!"
A few days later I had the hole to myself and caught three cats in double digits with the biggest around 25#.
BTW I have paid forward since then more times than I can care to count, even on this forum!

Re: baited hole on LA for you to try - 08/10/15 01:53 AM

I was taught to Do Unto Others
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum