Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Arlington

Posted By: DavidWhatley

Lake Arlington - 07/14/15 07:31 PM

I plan to take the wife and stepson to LA this weekend and have only been on it once a couple of weeks ago just to get the lay of the land. FRom the scouting trip, the dam looked promising and then the point to the left of the what i assume is a power plant.
Any help would be much appreciated. Plan to use both Stubbys and threadfin shad for bait, and chum with sour milo.
TIA
David

Re: Lake Arlington - 07/15/15 02:29 PM

Am I wasting time going to LAke Arlington?
David
Posted By: DAN-O

Re: Lake Arlington - 07/16/15 03:18 PM

LA is a great channel cat lake!
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Lake Arlington - 07/16/15 04:28 PM

[quote=DavidWhatley]I plan to take the wife and stepson to LA this weekend and have only been on it once a couple of weeks ago just to get the lay of the land. FRom the scouting trip, the dam looked promising and then the point to the left of the what i assume is a power plant.
Any help would be much appreciated. Plan to use both Stubbys and threadfin shad for bait, and chum with sour milo.
TIA
David. Try up around the dam that's where I used to catch them east side.
[/quotes

Re: Lake Arlington - 07/16/15 07:48 PM

Thanks Stubby
Dan-O, would you like to expound on that a little more? smile
David
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Lake Arlington - 07/18/15 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: DAN-O
LA is a great channel cat lake!

Everyone says this but I fished it pretty hard when it was the only lake open and I didn't have much to show for it. They need to put some blues in there to increase urban fishing opportunities.

Re: Lake Arlington - 07/23/15 12:25 AM

Use fresh shad in 12-18 FOW and you will do fine about anywhere on the lake. Main lake points always have channels...as do creek channels. Shad will be your best bet. You can also catch them on hotdogs, but have to use light weights and short lob casts to keep from throwing the hotdogs off.

Re: Lake Arlington - 07/23/15 12:26 AM

Most will be in the 12"-14" range.
Posted By: csheffdaking

Re: Lake Arlington - 07/23/15 01:07 AM

I was in about 8-12 last week by the dam

Re: Lake Arlington - 07/23/15 03:04 AM

Thanks guys. If either of you make it out there this week try the baited hole I posted about and let me know how you do
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum