Texas Fishing Forum

Barrel swivels vs. snap swivels (for big cats) & leaders?

Posted By: Water Judge

Barrel swivels vs. snap swivels (for big cats) & leaders? - 07/03/15 05:43 AM

Which do you prefer and how do you tie them off (either way)? Run line test vs leader test?
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: Barrel swivels vs. snap swivels (for big cats) & leaders? - 07/03/15 07:54 AM

for channel cats i use braid or 20lb big game and for leader i use 12ln snap swivel i go with the lighter leader because the bobbers i use are hand made from wood hand painted so it is cheaper to bust a hook off and loose it and the weight then to possibly loose every thing the snap just make it quicker to hook a leader to it
for blues 30b big game 50lb leader with barrel swivel are make better and can with stand the strain of the larger fish that the the way i fish any how

Re: Barrel swivels vs. snap swivels (for big cats) & leaders? - 07/03/15 07:55 AM

for channel cats i use braid or 20lb big game and for leader i use 12ln snap swivel i go with the lighter leader because the bobbers i use are hand made from wood hand painted so it is cheaper to bust a hook off and loose it and the weight then to possibly loose every thing the snap just make it quicker to hook a leader to it
for blues 30b big game 50lb leader with barrel swivel are make better and can with stand the strain of the larger fish that the the way i fish any how

Re: Barrel swivels vs. snap swivels (for big cats) & leaders? - 07/03/15 07:55 AM

Posted By: J.StoneRepairs

Re: Barrel swivels vs. snap swivels (for big cats) & leaders? - 07/03/15 01:30 PM

Sounds about the same as I use...those big blues can shred a leader and the same for a big yeller.
Posted By: Reeladdict15

Re: Barrel swivels vs. snap swivels (for big cats) & leaders? - 07/03/15 02:35 PM

Snaps
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum