Texas Fishing Forum

favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait?

Posted By: Ryan B

favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/01/15 11:27 PM

Just trying to get a chart going to see wgat baits y'all throw.
Posted By: opus

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/01/15 11:51 PM

Stubbys
Posted By: 7777

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/02/15 12:35 AM

dip - secret 7
punch - sudden impact
never found a dough bait that worked.
Posted By: SGT BALLARD

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/02/15 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: 7777
dip - secret 7
punch - sudden impact

I guess you've not tried STUBBY'S yet? Try it, you will not be disappointed !!!
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/02/15 01:26 AM

chemdawgs dough bait it has yet to let me or a single customer down

just find on that suit your style of fishing
Posted By: J.StoneRepairs

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/02/15 01:35 AM

Jpiggs punch bait and my homemadrspecial blend doughbait
Posted By: BIGHAWK

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/02/15 02:11 AM

Chemdawg cheese bait. Hands down.
Posted By: jason77

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/02/15 03:25 AM

I am with u bighawk. Chemdawgs garlic Cheese doughbait is great. I have yet to get skunked on it. Stay on the hook well you can cast it if you like but it may fall off when you retrieve it it it sat to long. He's got a special on it for the 4th I believe. It smells good too just like a cheese and garlic pizza. I believe a 32oz jar by volume weighs just over 5lbs he said.Ur getting a lot for your money. I by it by the gallon my self. If you haven't tried it you should you won't be disappointed.
Posted By: MikeSwain48

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/02/15 04:31 AM

Danny Kings, I have seen fish hit the hooks that used to have the bait after it washed off. But mostly I like cut bait

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/02/15 04:42 AM

thanks of the bump guys
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/02/15 11:57 AM

Punch bait....CJ's
Dip bait......Bill's
Dough bait....?? I have two brands that are popular on this forum I will be giving a test to soon.
Posted By: parttime

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/02/15 02:25 PM

CJ's.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/02/15 04:07 PM

I haven't tried them all but for now my own home made dough bait or Chemdawgs is catching 3 to 1 over CJ's and DK punch bait. I used to use Bill's sponge bait but can't find it anymore. Always had great success with Bill's especially in colder weather but hot weather had the turtles bothering it.
I fished with a guy the other day who was using DK punch bait and 3 rods. I fished with only one rod and my home made bait and caught the same number of cats that he did. I have fished Chemdawgs garlic and had the same results against the DK bait.
Posted By: Harold Ray

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/02/15 04:38 PM

Quote:
Stay on the hook well you can cast it if you like but it may fall off when you retrieve it it it sat to long. He's got a special on it for the 4th I believe. It smells good too just like a cheese and garlic pizza.

For these baits and staying on the hook, have any of you put these baits in a little mesh bag tied to the line just above the hook, or tied to the hook, like they do for carp? I wondered if that would solve the problem of bait staying on the hooks.
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/02/15 09:56 PM

This company makes some good stinkbait. I ordered some of the sewer-dip and it worked as advertised. The only problem I had was trying to get the smell off my hands.

http://cattracker.com/shopping/products-details.php?pid=106&cat_id=41&pf=slp
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/03/15 12:15 AM

I use Stubby's exclusively. Not gonna get in a big debate about what is best, but if I only catch 20 on any given day, that was a bad day.
Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/03/15 12:32 AM

I do not use any prepared bait but I have a guide friend who does and has since 2008. In that period he has caught 43,971 and counting. That comes up to 6764.7 catfish per year. This guide is Weldon Kirk, so if you catching 3 to 1 over CJ's you could be landing 20,294 per year or go with Weldon and let him show you how to use it properly.
Posted By: Knot Normal

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/03/15 01:03 AM

Anyone try the "little furry thangs" for their dough baits. it looks like it would hold the bait longer or better.
Posted By: stubby77

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/03/15 01:11 AM

Mine speaks for it self.. fish
Posted By: jason77

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/03/15 03:21 AM

Kirk also pretty much fishes one 2 lakes. He doesn't use the dried out [censored] that they sell at accadamy, I fished with him last year with a guy from work who got the trip as a gift. We boated 32 keeper fish pat of which Kirk caught. He knows Somerville like like no other and I am not taking anything away from him he's a hell of a Guid. But he is a profesional guide. When the average sports fisherman can go out and hammer them with out a Guid U know its a good bait. After fishing with Kirk I went to accadamy bought 3 containers of crafish bait it looked and smelled like nothing Kirk was using. Guid get treated diffent. The was a guided on here a few months a gshowed off his big bucket of dk blood bait. I was moves and bloodish,He gets severely discoincted'$40-50mfor a 5galon bucket.And it looked nothing like what is being sold in the stores it was pink and dry very dry. The guids looked supper moist. The store bought stuff was much much dryer with less stuff used for blood. So telling someone to go out with a Guid to and pay $400-$500 for 2 people just to show you how to use it over an other bait. Just sounds crazy I should be able to take a sip cork chum and my treble hook smash it in a punch the punch stick to the hook whip it out there and catch fish. With out paying $400plus

these big brands vs small brands like Chemdawgs Cheese Dough and stubbys and all the other small local brands I will go with the smaller brands. To many average fishermen have proven they work better. I know for a fact. Chemdawg works better. I fish with a guy who will only fish with dk's and cj's and every time I out fish him. But when a Guid use a brand and pays 50- 75% off the origanel price. Why would he not bait up the area he fishes every day and use the cheaper bait . Chemdawg I take 3 scoop of milo whip it out there slip cork. Treble. Snap shot weight and I catch fish all day. I am not by no means talking [censored] to u jacky or Kurk But the bottom line he is a profesional Guid who has Ben fishing Somerville, Fayetteville ( not sure what it's called the power plant lake) and an other on one I cant recall the name. that he won't garenty that. He said he was fishing sometrvill over 300day a year in baited areas is kid of misleading. Kirk is a very nice man and very knowledgable man I am not diputing his ability to catch fish we have all seen the pics heard the feed back he's a great fisermen. That's not in question we all know here how good is.

Not only have I caught more fish consitintly off Chemdawg Cheese Dough then any other bait. This years bait is with standing the heat better then any kind of cheese based baits so far I have ever seen . I left it out is 97deg and it still stayed on the hook. It was softer but stayied on the hook and kept catching fish. So paying

$400plus to learn how is In it's self is freaking nuts. But if your going to pay some one. Pay chem he's licensed now. Pluse he only charges $225 for up to 5 people and best deal you will fined. He fishes the same bait he sells to you and I. He Knows what's he's talking about, puts u on the fish, gives u from sun up 2-3 pm so sometimes later at no extra coast. He's about giving the customer the best opertunity he can to catch there limit. Not to mention for some one with a lot of Injury's from his deployments and health issues. Makes each trip one of a kind for the customer. He still uses his profits to take disable solders fishing. Buy kids a fishing rods if the don't have there own. It's not a $40rod but it is something that will last a while and it is the thought that counts. How many people do u know do this much. On top of taking care of him self mand let me tell you for those lucky to have meet him he put on he puts on a brave face But he eats morphine 30mg pills up to 6 times a day I know he left his pill be in my truck the other day.

So I can buy some dried out dks Cjs ( my experience any how). and not catch anything. Buy some chemdawgs catch a bunch of fish not have to hire anyone to show me how to use it. AND MOST IMPORTENTLY HELP A VET GET ON THE WATER WHERE HE CAN RELAX AND FORGET ABOUT THE PAST FOR AFEW HOURS AND BE THEM SELFS Or at least that's what chem says and he should know he has PTSD . Again not putting you down jacky so please don't take it that way. Or Weldon for that matter you both are top guids and people pay for that reason.

But Chemdawgs dough bait is hands down is far better then cj or dk

I think in a sew weeks we should have a fish off on Waco no guides from that lake lets the punch bAiters have have at it every one put in $50 per person. No more then 4 people per boat. Mo live or cut bait. My our bait has to be avalibal to the public meaning some how you have to be able to buy it. No cast nets Minos

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/03/15 04:37 AM

I know your trying to help but would you not tell every one about my personal health i sent it to you in a pm you did not read it

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/03/15 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Chemdawg
I know your trying to help but would you not tell every one about my personal health i sent it to you in a pm you did not read it

I agree with Chemdawg, info posted does not need to be broadcast to the world.
Posted By: sabigfish

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/03/15 12:15 PM

Lewis King Select is the only bait I have used. I have tried many but always come back......
Posted By: Reeladdict15

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/03/15 02:38 PM

Chemdawgs
Posted By: liketofishalot

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/03/15 06:14 PM

i prefer a bait that's drama free. banana
Posted By: opus

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/03/15 06:25 PM

Watch it he'll get on ya like a duck on a Junebug banana Just a friendly WARNING
Posted By: 7777

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/03/15 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: SGT BALLARD
Originally Posted By: 7777
dip - secret 7
punch - sudden impact

I guess you've not tried STUBBY'S yet? Try it, you will not be disappointed !!!

No I haven't tried it. Didn't even know it was a dough bait until now. From the reports I have read on here it has to be one of the best on the market.
Posted By: Freeman Clark

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/04/15 01:16 AM

Jason77 First of all you have a smart mouth.I think you get your rocks off trying to upset people.
I have had enough of your - - - Post.Sorry to all for this post.
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/04/15 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Harold Ray
Quote:
Stay on the hook well you can cast it if you like but it may fall off when you retrieve it it it sat to long. He's got a special on it for the 4th I believe. It smells good too just like a cheese and garlic pizza.

For these baits and staying on the hook, have any of you put these baits in a little mesh bag tied to the line just above the hook, or tied to the hook, like they do for carp? I wondered if that would solve the problem of bait staying on the hooks.
I have used Little Stinkers plastic bait tubes with Stubby's with good results when using Carolina or Sante rig.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/04/15 03:28 AM

I'm a Big Marv's fan, but I've been using it for years just because it works for me.
I've tried others in the past but always go back to BM's.
I think most of the baits mentioned work, and work well.
There will aways remain one constant with any of the baits mentioned, and that is if you fish where the fish are, and they are in a feeding mood, you are going to catch them.
There isn't anything complicated about catching catfish.
Posted By: taterpop

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/04/15 03:46 AM

Alot of good baits out there for dip around here it's sonny's for punch I use homemade but many proven good out there for a dough bait many good reports on stubby's and chems. For any of these to work it takes fish to be around where you are weting a hook.

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/04/15 02:01 PM

the proof is in the Jar that all i can say if it s not for you then its not for you you dont like smelly hands that work Chemdawgss Cheese DoughBait.
Posted By: J/\Y

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/06/15 08:25 PM

mkay
Posted By: catdub

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/06/15 09:34 PM

Danny kings original or blood didnt have much luck with the garlic
Posted By: Ryan B

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/06/15 10:22 PM

Heck yes right there with u. No one should ever talk bad about a soldier.

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/07/15 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: J/\Y
hey jason77

you're a dick dude.
you went way overboard talking sh!t about this man's personal issues in your post.
I notified the admin to remove your backstabbing post.

Instead of judging this man you should be thanking him for keeping you alive while you slept.
no one should ever judge a soldier.
They have seen and done things, experienced things that movies can't even grasp to put into a horror flick.

Evidently it is acceptable posting, I notified admin three days ago.
Posted By: HeavyLead

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/07/15 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Knot Normal
Anyone try the "little furry thangs" for their dough baits. it looks like it would hold the bait longer or better.

Tried it once on furry thang circle hook from TC because I'd rather get a circle hook out of a catfish's mouth than a treble. It didn't work for [censored].
Posted By: G Love

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/07/15 02:59 PM

Sure Shot. It has that name for a reason.
Posted By: J/\Y

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/07/15 09:02 PM

last time I tried a furry thang, I made her shave
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: favorite punch bait? favorite dough bait? favorite dip bait? - 07/14/15 03:31 PM

As far as furry thangs you dont slide them down on the hook you cut them in half & poke a hole through the side then put them on your hook. there cant be nothing between the hook tip and shaft ever....far as bait goes havent tried some of these everyone argues about but last saturday on the arkansas river we had a limit of 20 catfish in 45 minutes with secret 7 & sudden impact in 3 hrs we had over 60 fish both channels and blues....and remember secret 7 won the manufactured bait championship tournament againist some of the top prepared baits on Lake Texoma... flag
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum