Texas Fishing Forum

Need some help on fork....pleeeeze!!!

Posted By: Flipnstik48

Need some help on fork....pleeeeze!!! - 06/30/15 03:44 PM

Long story short....I used to catfish when I was younger using punch bait, catawbas, crawlers, chicken liver etc etc and used to catch the fire out of them.
Now I'm a bass fisherman 3x a week. Well the wife wants to try cat fishing. I picked a bag full of catawbas and bought some sonnys punch bait. The question I have is.... Is fork going to be my best bet for putting her on some fish? I live in Longview and don't mind the drive at all and actually have a place to stay in lindale. I honestly wouldn't know where to start. Deep? Shallow? Bait a hole? I'm actually a little lost in this one lol.
I used to just go tie up to a stump and drop a line...wait 5 min and if no bite move on. I'm not asking by no means a hot spot or a hole. I have side imaging and down scan. I can locate bass pretty quick. Catfish?!? I have no clue lol
Posted By: opus

Re: Need some help on fork....pleeeeze!!! - 06/30/15 04:25 PM

25 to 30ft tie to stump throw some cattle cubes out dont catch nothin in 20--- 30 min find another tree, around 515 pretty good
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Need some help on fork....pleeeeze!!! - 06/30/15 05:34 PM

I've been catching them in 5 fow or less on lake ray hubbard in the flooded grass. In my opinion if you cant get a channel cat to bite on chicken liver, there's probably not many cats around.

I would drive the extra 30-45 and go to Tawakoni.
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Need some help on fork....pleeeeze!!! - 06/30/15 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Flipnstik48
Long story short....I used to catfish when I was younger using punch bait, catawbas, crawlers, chicken liver etc etc and used to catch the fire out of them.
Now I'm a bass fisherman 3x a week. Well the wife wants to try cat fishing. I picked a bag full of catawbas and bought some sonnys punch bait. The question I have is.... Is fork going to be my best bet for putting her on some fish? I live in Longview and don't mind the drive at all and actually have a place to stay in lindale. I honestly wouldn't know where to start. Deep? Shallow? Bait a hole? I'm actually a little lost in this one lol.
I used to just go tie up to a stump and drop a line...wait 5 min and if no bite move on. I'm not asking by no means a hot spot or a hole. I have side imaging and down scan. I can locate bass pretty quick. Catfish?!? I have no clue lol
PM ME I will see what I can do to help
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Need some help on fork....pleeeeze!!! - 06/30/15 06:24 PM

I caught 42 in 2.5 hrs Sunday in 30 FOW using Stubby's
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum