Texas Fishing Forum

sure shot punch bait or j pigs punch bait?

Posted By: Ryan B

sure shot punch bait or j pigs punch bait? - 06/30/15 12:01 AM

Which should I get for my birthday? I'm gonna be getting a 5 gallon bucket.
Posted By: Don G

Re: sure shot punch bait or j pigs punch bait? - 06/30/15 11:51 AM

Both are good baits although I prefer J-Pig's; Sure Shot gets pretty runny if not kept on ice. No spring or tubes needed with J-Pig's; just a bare treble hook and your in business.
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: sure shot punch bait or j pigs punch bait? - 07/01/15 06:02 PM

I know what sure shot it but what is Jpigs is it like sure shot
Posted By: J.StoneRepairs

Re: sure shot punch bait or j pigs punch bait? - 07/01/15 07:31 PM

J-Piggs is the best I've used so far...Just don't accidentally get any in your mouth. It'll be a bad few days
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: sure shot punch bait or j pigs punch bait? - 07/01/15 08:04 PM

i have never heard of it it is like sure hot in a way
Posted By: Trebor Neil

Re: sure shot punch bait or j pigs punch bait? - 07/01/15 08:13 PM

Go with the age proven,,,,Sure Shot
Posted By: SALLYSUE

Re: sure shot punch bait or j pigs punch bait? - 07/01/15 10:32 PM

I fish with the guy that makes it years ago and its pretty dang good bait [J pig]
Posted By: Freeman Clark

Re: sure shot punch bait or j pigs punch bait? - 07/02/15 02:04 AM

I have fished both punch baits.Have done well with both baits.
My choice of the two would be Sure Shot.
Posted By: Don G

Re: sure shot punch bait or j pigs punch bait? - 07/02/15 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Chemdawg
I know what sure shot it but what is Jpigs is it like sure shot

J-Pig is a cheese base punch bait with a good amount of fiber as where Sure Shot has actual bait fish as an ingredient and little if any fiber. When using Sure Shot I use a spring Treble and keep the bait on ice in summer months as where I use a bare treble with J-Pig and don't worry about keeping it on ice. Both are great baits I just prefer J-PIG as well as sudden impact due to both staying on the hook better and longer.
Just my 2 cent opinion and preference.
Posted By: Kat-man-do

Re: sure shot punch bait or j pigs punch bait? - 07/03/15 04:00 AM

I fished Sure Shot for years. Not sure Benny Roberts still makes it but obviously someone does.

Don't know about the other, but it's not that hard to make punch bait (not hard to make it if you have materials and time and land). It's probably more about situation than anything. One bait might stay on a #4 treble better but the other might attract more bites, so balanced out they might catch about the same fish per hour. It comes down to availability and situation. Do you want to ice it? I use frozen water bottles and push one down in the middle of the gallon of bait. When it melts, remove and put another there. Keeps water out of your bait and your bait out of your ice.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum