Texas Fishing Forum

Broken levelwind

Posted By: Ingle777

Broken levelwind - 06/29/15 01:41 AM

So I have a BPS Catmaxx and the levelwind eye is stuck on one side of the reel. The bottom bar it's attached to came out of its hole on the right side of the reel and the top bar is loose and there aren't any screws to open the left side. Can someone guide me thru fixing this?
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Broken levelwind - 06/29/15 03:17 AM

Take it back and exchange it

Re: Broken levelwind - 06/29/15 03:58 AM

That might be my only solution...
Posted By: J.StoneRepairs

Re: Broken levelwind - 06/29/15 06:13 AM

The screws for the left sideplate are inside on the frame. Take the right side off and you can see them.
Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: Broken levelwind - 06/29/15 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish
Take it back and exchange it
for an Abu these reels are fine for hobby or occasional use but will not stand up to daily use.

Re: Broken levelwind - 06/29/15 12:59 PM

I don't understand what you're trying to say buddy. This is a bass pro shops brand reel not an Abu Garcia
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Broken levelwind - 06/29/15 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Ingle777
I don't understand what you're trying to say buddy. This is a bass pro shops brand reel not an Abu Garcia

He is saying they aren't very good reels. You can fix it, or you can exchange it for a new one just like it and have the same problems all over again, or you can get something that will work, an abu.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Broken levelwind - 06/29/15 04:04 PM

I agree that these Catmax reels are a POS. I have one that since new sounds like it's full of sand inside. Even with a 3oz weight it won't cast very far. You get what you pay for sometimes.
On the other hand my lil Garcia Black Max II reels will handle everything the Catmax will and then some with a heavy drag and works like it has jewels inside and they were only $39 from Academy.
Posted By: J.StoneRepairs

Re: Broken levelwind - 06/29/15 06:44 PM

Abu For Life

Re: Broken levelwind - 06/29/15 09:53 PM

I haven't had any problems with it until now. It was stolen out of my shed this past weekend and I got it back this way so I can't really speak against it since its reeled in some nice fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum