Texas Fishing Forum

Juglines

Posted By: txwhitetail

Juglines - 06/29/15 01:14 AM

How much line you guys normally run on a jugline? Most premade types I see only have 5-10 ft of line on them.
Posted By: opus

Re: Juglines - 06/29/15 02:08 AM

The lake I usually fish deepest part is 80ft so I put 80ft on mine so I can fish anywhere on the lake, couple half hitches and ya can fish any depth
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Juglines - 06/29/15 02:38 AM

Mine vary from 5 to 8 ft. I never deploy my noodles in open water. Always in coves and mouth of creeks. I like to set mine so they will drift across to a wind blown bank. This way they cover a lot of territory. Also makes them easier to find. I always try to keep them in sight while I fish other ways.
Posted By: Bittercreek

Re: Juglines - 06/29/15 03:18 AM

Good Question.
I'm old school. "Redneck". So a use 1gallon. Bleach-Jugs.
With a 6/0. Eagle-Claw. Circle hook on the bottem. 'Bout 12''. leader.
Tied to 2/0/ Barrel Swivel. with 2oz. Egg sinker above the swivel.
I'd say. 8'. Total length of line.
Posted By: rdmac

Re: Juglines - 06/29/15 04:52 PM

35'-40' of line is what I put on my jugs. Like opus said, adjust depth with a couple of half hitches.
Posted By: Flyingvranch

Re: Juglines - 06/30/15 11:03 AM

I always fished about 4 feet in the river. Catch both big and small. Too much trouble to roll up longer lines for me. I would think that the longer lines would be good to keep the jugs from blowing out of position though.
Posted By: Eric BBQMAN

Re: Juglines - 06/30/15 12:13 PM

I don't understand the half hitch. Can y'all explain please?
Posted By: Aus10

Re: Juglines - 07/01/15 01:00 AM

I use 50' of mainline on mine with a hook at 3', 8', and 12' from the weight. To adjust line for depth, I just tie a loop onto the jug at desired length, just untie when you pack them back in.

Aus
Posted By: Knot Normal

Re: Juglines - 07/03/15 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Eric BBQMAN
I don't understand the half hitch. Can y'all explain please?

flip the line on the spool so the tag end is underneath the coil then do it again. Hope that helps.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum