Texas Fishing Forum

Livingston Bank?

Posted By: olenarey87

Livingston Bank? - 06/25/15 01:39 AM

I am planning on making a trip out there next Thursday (July 2). I have only been there a couple times and had success with eaters, but that's it. Where is a relatively easily accessible bank? I don't want anyone's honey holes, but wouldn't mind some generic info as to where I might be able to catch a larger fish or 2.
Also, is bait pretty easy to get down there? I am referring to shad or bluegill.
Thanks in advance!
Posted By: forsanmedic

Re: Livingston Bank? - 06/25/15 02:10 AM

Been years ago, but if they are still letting water out of the dam, you can catch some nice size fish behind it from the bank. It used to get crowded, so just be prepared
Posted By: olenarey87

Re: Livingston Bank? - 06/25/15 02:42 AM

I appreciate it. How is the bait?
Posted By: Blues

Re: Livingston Bank? - 06/25/15 02:12 PM

Bait is easy behind the dam, but be ready to pick lots of baby bluecat out of your net. No real way around it that I've found, if the bait is there then catfish are too.

Numbers behind the dam but better quality of fish around the state park was my experience. Bait wasn't too hard at the state park either. Caught 2 over 20 on cut perch off the rocky point, most were caught on shad. I like walking to the end of the rocky point across from the fishing dock. That way I could fish different depths easy until I found the fish, back towards the dock and up into the cove has spots from 3-10ft. If that didn't work I could go to the lake side of the point and fish much deeper.
Posted By: DaleR

Re: Livingston Bank? - 06/25/15 02:52 PM

What Blues said x2. The only thing I would add is I think the dam is releasing to much water right now to fish. Oh the fish are there but conditions at over 50,000 cfs will be tough. I'd try the State Park, they have great campsites some right on the bulk heads.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum