Texas Fishing Forum

Bittersweet Fathers Day

Posted By: TWS

Bittersweet Fathers Day - 06/22/15 03:02 AM

I lost my Father Friday... He sure looked forward to fresh fried fish after I went fishing. A tradition that started a couple of years ago we, as a family go fishing on Mothers and Fathers Day...I debated about going due to losing my Dad...I decided to take the opportunity to reflect and decompress after a stressful couple of weeks. I'm glad I went because I was blessed with a great fishing day on Fork! Me, my boys and my wife all caught a Big Cat today! 36 total and left them biting for another day...Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads on the forum! Shout out to Littlewheel for the Stubby's and the pole! My Facebook page has more pics of the trip https://m.facebook.com/tony.stone.165?tsid=0.44001923967152834&source=typeahead

Posted By: K.G

Re: Bittersweet Fathers Day - 06/22/15 03:28 AM

Sorry for your loss TWS.
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Bittersweet Fathers Day - 06/22/15 03:31 AM

Sorry to hear this too, TWS but I think you did right. If this was something your dad enjoyed and was becoming a tradition then you are right to keep it going if at all possible.

Losing our pops usually sucks but it's part of life. It will get better.

Best wishes.
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: Bittersweet Fathers Day - 06/22/15 03:55 AM

Sorry for your loss. Keep that tradition going. Nice pics thumb
Posted By: Cane Pole

Re: Bittersweet Fathers Day - 06/22/15 04:59 AM

Sorry to hear that.... but you handled it the way I would have wanted to handle that situation..... keep up taking your kids and sharing that with them,,, your Dad would have wanted that... fry him up a couple extra fillets every time.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Bittersweet Fathers Day - 06/22/15 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Tommar
Sorry to hear this too, TWS but I think you did right. If this was something your dad enjoyed and was becoming a tradition then you are right to keep it going if at all possible.

Losing our pops usually sucks but it's part of life. It will get better.

Best wishes.

This-
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Bittersweet Fathers Day - 06/22/15 12:46 PM

Sorry to hear of you dad passing on to serve GOD in all his grace.I think you did just what he would of wanted you to do . fish
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Bittersweet Fathers Day - 06/22/15 04:27 PM

Glad I could help you out my friend. And to those who never knew Mr. Stone, you missed out. He was a cool cat.
Posted By: Knot Normal

Re: Bittersweet Fathers Day - 06/23/15 03:25 AM

Sorry for your loss. Not a day goes by that I don't remember or think about my Dad. Glad you and yours made the most out of it! thumb
Posted By: john525

Re: Bittersweet Fathers Day - 06/23/15 03:52 AM

That's part of why we fish...the memories of those who taught us and got us started. Good call, keep making those memories for your kids. Pass on the legacy. Sorry for your loss.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum