Texas Fishing Forum

looming tropical storm will ruin the lakes for the fourth of july weekend

Posted By: Vess

looming tropical storm will ruin the lakes for the fourth of july weekend - 06/15/15 10:28 PM

Watching the gulf and if we get half the rain there sayin I have never not been on a lake during the holiday.. eeks
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: looming tropical storm will ruin the lakes for the fourth of july weekend - 06/15/15 11:08 PM

jack Yeah but those kinds of holidays stink round here Vess... I would rather roll in cow manure than fish during the 4th!!! Just my 2cents though. Wintertime Bluecattin has ruined me. Lol! popcorn
Posted By: taterpop

Re: looming tropical storm will ruin the lakes for the fourth of july weekend - 06/16/15 01:50 PM

Yes they stink lots of boats no where to camp,no where to park,and around here it's the only time that many hit the lakes.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: looming tropical storm will ruin the lakes for the fourth of july weekend - 06/16/15 01:58 PM

2 yrs ago we went to Cooper on 7-4, we saw 3 other boats!
Posted By: hurricane 201

Re: looming tropical storm will ruin the lakes for the fourth of july weekend - 06/16/15 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: lenahorse
2 yrs ago we went to Cooper on 7-4, we saw 3 other boats!

Shhhh! LOL.
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: looming tropical storm will ruin the lakes for the fourth of july weekend - 06/16/15 10:39 PM

We are going overnight from midnight to sunup and getting off the lake before it gets too hot and the pleasure boaters take over
Posted By: Vess

Re: looming tropical storm will ruin the lakes for the fourth of july weekend - 06/17/15 04:43 AM

Originally Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME
jack Yeah but those kinds of holidays stink round here Vess... I would rather roll in cow manure than fish during the 4th!!! Just my 2cents though. Wintertime Bluecattin has ruined me. Lol! popcorn

cheers
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: looming tropical storm will ruin the lakes for the fourth of july weekend - 06/17/15 07:23 PM

we usually avoid the lakes when the holiday warriors show up. But I hope to fish before the $th.
Posted By: Harold Ray

Re: looming tropical storm will ruin the lakes for the fourth of july weekend - 06/17/15 11:29 PM

We have gotten 3.5 inches of rain in the last 24 hours. The Brazos in Waco is running at 19,000 cfs. I enjoy kayaking a lot and am on the Brazos fairly often around and just south of Waco; my safety zone is up to around 2,000 cfs at my older age, maybe 2,500 cfs, but for me, that's DEFINITELY the HIGH limit. I am much more comfortable at lower volumes. The Brazos isn't going to be back below that for a while.

USGS 08096500 Brazos Rv at Waco, TX
Drainage area: 29559 mi2

Discharge: 19000 cfs

Stage: 16.81 ft
Date: 2015-06-17 17:00:00
Flood stage: 27 ft
Percentile: 92.37 %
Length of Record: 74 years
Class symbol:
% normal (median): 1704.04 %
% normal (mean): 416.63 %

USGS River Level Site
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: looming tropical storm will ruin the lakes for the fourth of july weekend - 06/18/15 12:03 PM

The lakes are ruined for the 4th before a single raindrop falls. Every idiot with a power boat and a six-pack will take care of that. I'll stay at home and smoke a brisket and eat dirty rice.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: looming tropical storm will ruin the lakes for the fourth of july weekend - 06/18/15 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Landry
The lakes are ruined for the 4th before a single raindrop falls. Every idiot with a BASS boat and a six-pack will take care of that. I'll stay at home and smoke a brisket and eat dirty rice.

Fixed it for ya grin
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum