Texas Fishing Forum

gonna do a contest on danny kings vs cj's punch bait.

Posted By: Ryan B

gonna do a contest on danny kings vs cj's punch bait. - 06/14/15 04:55 PM

Went to academy today And got some cj's crawdad punch bait to compare to all 3 danny king punch bait flavors. I will me doing them all in clear creek and in a local pond. All will be fished on bottom. Let me know yalls opinions on these baits.
Posted By: forsanmedic

Re: gonna do a contest on danny kings vs cj's punch bait. - 06/14/15 07:11 PM

I prefer CJ's shad flavor, but i fish lakes that shad is the main diet. In the small pond and creek they probably eat more crawdads, so that might be preferable. In my experience, it is usually better to have more than one bait with you, because somedays they like one better than the other.
Posted By: Fishincowboy

Re: gonna do a contest on danny kings vs cj's punch bait. - 06/14/15 08:33 PM

Definitely CJ's, I've had buddies fishing with me in the same boat and CJ's out caught the 8 to 1. I agree with forsanmedic about the diet, we do great on Shad in the spring and Wild Hopper during the summer. Monster has always produced.
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: gonna do a contest on danny kings vs cj's punch bait. - 06/14/15 09:29 PM

I use Danny Kings and CJ's, I'm using more CJ's because it's easier to get for me to get. What I have found, one day one bait is "best" and the next day the other. Just like before I started using punch bait. One day worms, next day shrimp. I just want to have the best bait in my boat on that bait's day.
Posted By: livebait

Re: gonna do a contest on danny kings vs cj's punch bait. - 06/15/15 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: ChuChu1
I use Danny Kings and CJ's, I'm using more CJ's because it's easier to get for me to get. What I have found, one day one bait is "best" and the next day the other. Just like before I started using punch bait. One day worms, next day shrimp. I just want to have the best bait in my boat on that bait's day.

This ^^^^^
I haven't used Cj's but as soon as my health gets better I plan on giving it a try. I have used many other baits and they all seem to work on one day or another... thanks to all the bait makers out there.

Edited to add I haven't tried stubbys or chemdawgs either, but plan on trying them all as soon as I heal up well enough to get out and do some fishing, my local spot filled up with all the rain, so its just a matter of time now.

livebait
Mike
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum