Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Arlington

Posted By: Direct Hit

Lake Arlington - 06/13/15 06:38 AM

Fished 3 to 5ft around weeds and brush for 4hrs and caught 2 one small channel and a good eater channel. It was very slow. If there still in any kind of spawn mode I sure don't know where there at. I even threw out some soured grain but it didn't seem to help. It was nice to get out on the lake though, I haven't been in a good while. The eater was released back into the lake....not cleaning just one fish.
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Lake Arlington - 06/13/15 12:58 PM

The TPWD Inland Fisheries district calls it the best channel cat fishery in the district, and yet I have the same kind of luck you do. It definitely has been on a funk recently.

Re: Lake Arlington - 06/14/15 02:22 AM

Last year in mid may I had non stop action on good eater size cats, I think the flooding just messed them up this year.
Posted By: sdf1201

Re: Lake Arlington - 06/14/15 03:23 AM

I was out there last tues and got skunked. I saw a bunch of cats in flooded weeds and brush back in one of the coves. There was no way to get to them. I chummed 4 spots from 3-9 foot and not one bite. I can usually catch at least 5-10 by 10:00 in the morning. I've been out there 15 times since January 1st and Tuesday was the first time I was skunked.

Re: Lake Arlington - 06/15/15 04:06 AM

I would think maybe they could be caught all summer in the weeds, we saw a ton of minnows when we hit the water with a flash light. Maybe when the Lake fully stabilizes things will get better. I met a guy out there a few years ago (Big Redneck) I think was his name on here said he had luck drift fishing for them in deeper water on cut bream. He used a kayak and had lights rigged up for night fishing.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Lake Arlington - 06/15/15 05:22 PM

What ramps are open on Arlington?

Re: Lake Arlington - 06/16/15 01:08 AM

All of the ramps are open.
Posted By: DavidWhatley

Re: Lake Arlington - 06/16/15 07:25 PM

What bait were you using? I havent fished LA but on all other lakes, i use shad, drifting after chumming with soured milo and so far, always brought something home. I do plan to try LA this weekend sometime.
DW

Re: Lake Arlington - 06/16/15 08:04 PM

Shrimp and Hotdogs
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum