Texas Fishing Forum

Man, I miss Winter...

Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Man, I miss Winter... - 05/31/15 01:12 AM

And I've got a BIG problem. My boat motor is sick. Bad sick. I just hope I can put together enough money and have enough time to get everything back up to speed by this winter cause I sure would like to win one of those NTTC Tourney thingy's! I was hoping I could spend that money on the new Onix or 1199 but I guess thats just how it goes. I've also got another problem though... smile

http://youtu.be/m-W8UQaUkaE
Posted By: Drawout

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 05/31/15 01:38 AM

Dang Rick now you got me wishing it was November !
Posted By: liketofishalot

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 05/31/15 01:41 AM

Love the video man. Anytime you want to jump on the boat at the brook your welcome. Hope u get your boat goin.

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 05/31/15 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Drawout
Dang Rick now you got me wishing it was November !

Lol! grin cheers

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 05/31/15 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: liketofishalot
Love the video man. Anytime you want to jump on the boat at the brook your welcome. Hope u get your boat goin.

Thanks buddy! And sounds good!!! cheers
Posted By: GetSlimed

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 05/31/15 02:36 PM

Awesome video!

I believe we may suffer from the same addiction. Is there a Blue Cattin Anonymous support group anywhere in DFW?

Hope you get the boat motor fixed soon. If not, you're welcome to ride with me anytime.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 05/31/15 03:26 PM

Either you are only 4' tall or that net looks a little long......

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 05/31/15 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: GetSlimed
Awesome video!

I believe we may suffer from the same addiction. Is there a Blue Cattin Anonymous support group anywhere in DFW?

Hope you get the boat motor fixed soon. If not, you're welcome to ride with me anytime.

Thanks Pardner!!! Lol!!! I wish there was a support group cause Zzzzquil just ain't cuttin it. And sounds Good Kurtis! cheers
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 05/31/15 08:27 PM

Hope you get that motor fixed as well, invite also goes out to you to fish with me when the ramps open back up, nice vid thumb
Posted By: big10

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 05/31/15 11:45 PM

Cool video bud. Open invite on Waco this fall or winter if the lake ever gets back down so we can launch

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 06/01/15 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: mjmetro0719
Hope you get that motor fixed as well, invite also goes out to you to fish with me when the ramps open back up, nice vid thumb

Thanks Mike! And sounds good buddy!!! I appreciate it! cheers

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 06/01/15 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: big10
Cool video bud. Open invite on Waco this fall or winter if the lake ever gets back down so we can launch

I'm game Jerry!!! Just follow Spud around a couple days in advance please!!!!! LMAO!!!!! cheers

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 06/01/15 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: liketofishalot

The wife and I drove out to Benbrook Marina yesterday. Lake was 14 feet over and people we're launchin boats from the street. " UNBELIEVABLE ".

If this little place could ever stay a float during the winter, we would put the new Lake Record in the boat for sure.... popcorn
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 06/01/15 04:44 PM

I imagine Benbrook will still be in good shape come winter...in fact...in will probably be flooded most of the summer.

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 06/01/15 04:46 PM

Private ramps like this one will open up pretty quick... But most of the public ramps will take a long while to open.

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 06/01/15 06:16 PM

At least it is not cold.

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 06/01/15 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianTx01
I imagine Benbrook will still be in good shape come winter...in fact...in will probably be flooded most of the summer.

I hope it does Brian and I think your right. I like positive thinkin... cheers rock

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 06/14/15 11:59 PM

Well, I think I might have caught a break. My boat is rollin again and honestly I can't believe it. When my engine died on me I was going about 20 miles an hour, heard a terrible noise, it backfired and completely shut down. This is the third time it's done something close to this to me this year after a many of years of flawless performance! Anyways, engine wouldn't crank. I pulled the cowling off, reached down and manually turned the flywheel and I could hear a mean metal grinding sound. Sacked it up and trolled in. The following day after work I had just enough time to perform a quick compression check. Got a terrible reading on the first cylinder and set my guage down. I knew it was done. I did a little bit of research on rebuilding this thing. Didn't like the idea so I started looking at new engines and shut the computer off after about 10 minutes of shuffling through the prices of my new engines of choice or want!!! Chilled for a couple of weeks and suddenly decided to just go out there and look at it again. I was sitting there wondering what I was gonna do and for some reason decided to manually turn the flywheel again and I couldn't hear or feel any metal grinding anymore. I said "huh" "what".... Decided to check compression again and the bad cylinder checked good. Checked all of the other cylinders and they all checked good as well. Rechecked the bad cylinder and it again checked good. I said " what the heck " hit the key and it turned over but wouldn't start. ????? I don't know. I then suspected the stator and lightly picked up on the wiring harness to see if I could feel anything wierd or maybe even loose or damaged connections. Didn't feel anything bad but I pinned the harness up next to the starter solenoid and hit the key. The son of a gun fired right up and purred like a kitten!!! Wouldn't miss a beat. Put the wire harness down no runny, pin the harness up runny!!!! So I ordered and installed a new stator and drove it all over the lake Saturday. It ran like a champ. I also chased shad around in the heat and even fished until I was so sunburned I was hiding under my cover any chance I could get. Took a royal skunkin too but man what a GOOD trip. smile. I guess I'm back already but need about 10 trips in this thing before I can feel somewhat comfortable cause this son of a gun has been embarassing this year!!! I need stability and an 80lb blue! I could also use a new fishfinder, a new trailer and a nice giant money tree growin in the back yard that drops hundred dollar bills like their goin out of style, but until then I'm just gonna sit here in my porch swing in the backyard and chill for awhile and watch my neighboring horny toad eat these red ants!!!! LMAO!!!!!! smile
Posted By: Blues

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 06/15/15 01:52 PM

They can confuse the heck out of anybody sometimes. I've thought I was done, several times and got lucky and figured it out without 1000's in repairs. Had to replace an axle in the bar ditch a few months back.

Awesome man....glad you got it going.

Re: Man, I miss Winter... - 06/15/15 05:53 PM

Thanks! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum