Texas Fishing Forum

Bait?

Posted By: aggieman775

Bait? - 05/29/15 02:24 AM

What do you find the best bait for catfish? I always just catch them on Powerbait crappie nibbles on a plain hook.
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Bait? - 05/29/15 02:33 AM

I have had great success with Stubby's using a #4 treble and no weight one turn up from the bottom . Throw a couple handfuls of 20% range cubes beside the boat an have fun catching.
Posted By: SGT BALLARD

Re: Bait? - 05/29/15 03:58 AM

You wanna catch fish, use " Stubby's Cheese Bait..
Posted By: Blues

Re: Bait? - 05/29/15 10:06 AM

Nothing is better for blues than fresh chit shad, period. I avoid channel cat like the plague but if you're after them then any dough or punch bait works.
Posted By: opus

Re: Bait? - 05/29/15 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: SGT BALLARD
You wanna catch fish, use " Stubby's Cheese Bait..
thumb
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Bait? - 05/29/15 12:10 PM

Fresh cut shad for blues. For channels I prefer Sure Shot punch bait. You can get it www.catfishbait.net
Posted By: milton1allen

Re: Bait? - 05/29/15 02:06 PM

I catch a lot of channel cats on Danny Kings Garlic or Blood Punch bait. I bought a jar of Stubbys last week and sadly am not impressed... yet? Is there more than one flavor of Stubbys? He sent me one that says garlic but see people saying cheese. I put 2 rods side by side last time I went. One with Stubbys garlic and one with DK blood. Catfish were not biting well, but managed to catch 3 in about 30 minutes. All 3 were caught on DK blood bait. I will continue to try Stubbys and hope it starts working better for me. As many fishers on here that brag about it, it must be good, maybe I got a bad tub or something.
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: Bait? - 05/29/15 02:17 PM

CJ's punch bait is the very best. It catches blues and channels. 45,000 fish in one guides boat proves it.
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Bait? - 05/29/15 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: milton1allen
I catch a lot of channel cats on Danny Kings Garlic or Blood Punch bait. I bought a jar of Stubbys last week and sadly am not impressed... yet? Is there more than one flavor of Stubbys? He sent me one that says garlic but see people saying cheese. I put 2 rods side by side last time I went. One with Stubbys garlic and one with DK blood. Catfish were not biting well, but managed to catch 3 in about 30 minutes. All 3 were caught on DK blood bait. I will continue to try Stubbys and hope it starts working better for me. As many fishers on here that brag about it, it must be good, maybe I got a bad tub or something.
all my bait is made the same ,there is days out there when it tough,there all a lot off good baits out there and Danny's is one of the best.As I say if you don't like it let me know I will refund money I stand behind it 100percent ,Thanks for the report that what I want to here good or bad.Sorry it didn't work for you fish
Posted By: opus

Re: Bait? - 05/29/15 03:17 PM

Over the yrs I figured out fish dont bite where there aint no fish, 30 min on a spot no bites MOVE then repete till ya find um
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: Bait? - 05/29/15 06:18 PM

I give it 20 most then i move and chum chum chum i give them 20 mins of fined if if there not bitting by then or the bit is slow i move every trop the past 2-3 weeks have all had there limits by 2 that 50-100 fish plus what every I caught
Posted By: coachkevinb

Re: Bait? - 05/29/15 06:58 PM

Ex

On Sam Rayburn I use live bait for Blues and whopper shad stink bait for the channels
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Bait? - 05/29/15 07:05 PM

Cut shad always.
Posted By: ElectricSixes

Re: Bait? - 05/29/15 07:27 PM

Shad.
Posted By: taterpop

Re: Bait? - 05/29/15 10:18 PM

Side by side, I fish with homemade punch bait and catalpa worms two rods side by side with the same bait same depth and 6" apart one will catch and one will not even get a nibble so don't let that keep you from using a good bait like stubby's chems, CJ's DK's they are all alot better than some of the packaged baits.
Posted By: SGT BALLARD

Re: Bait? - 05/29/15 11:34 PM

Why is it that if a person doesn't catch any fish with a certain bait, it must be a " Bad Tub" ? Maybe we should take some responsibility for our fishing skill. No bait is guaranteed to catch a limit or a fish every time out. Stubby's is a great bait, but I don't catch them every time I use it, but then again that's the case with every bait. There are a lot of great baits out there. If the fish is not there, you can't catch them, if they are not biting then you are S--- out of luck.. And by the way, I use quite a few baits.
Posted By: CNewton1372

Re: Bait? - 05/30/15 06:21 PM

cut shad
Posted By: Fishincowboy

Re: Bait? - 05/31/15 12:37 AM

I've tried most of them out there and I've had the most success on CJ's Punchbait, hands down! I use it on reservoirs, rivers and ponds with a #4 treble hook, both straight line or cork fishing.
Posted By: KQT

Re: Bait? - 05/31/15 02:17 PM

Winter and early spring; chicken breast soaked in dead red or clam juice. Caught more and bigger blues this year than using shad. I just got my stubbys and am looking forward to trying it out.
Posted By: KQT

Re: Bait? - 05/31/15 02:20 PM

Forgot one, if there are a lot of grasshoppers around I do really well on worms.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum