Texas Fishing Forum

Calaveras lake map-- ZONING.

Posted By: Jater07

Calaveras lake map-- ZONING. - 05/22/15 05:16 AM

Can someone post the map of Calaveras with the different zones? I know some parts jet skis can't go and only certain parts you can jug. I'll be going in the near future and putting out some jug lines. Just want to know what areas I can put out jugs and what areas I cannot. Don't want to break the law. I've heard stories of people getting all of their jugs stolen. 30+ jugs, so, I'll be staying near my jugs. Too much money and time in jugs to just let them get stolen, and don't feel like going to jail over some jug lines and stupid people. Thank you.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Calaveras lake map-- ZONING. - 05/22/15 12:02 PM

There are two areas that you can put jug lines and it's fairly easy to figure out once on the lake. Those are only lake rules not state law.
If you come out of the launch and go to your immediate right and proceed up that arm of the lake (Chupaderas) you'll see the high lines that cross over the lake. Anwhere on the other side of those high lines.
If you go to the other side of the lake and proceed up that arm all the way to the far northwest end you'll see the railroad and vehicle traffics bridges.
Anywhere past those bridges if fair game.
Just remember past the high lines and the bridges. If you don't pass either you are in the wrong area.
Ever since Thousand Trails took over the lake, they don't enforce non of the rules except for collecting money and pay tickets on your windshield.
I've seen people put out jugs just about anywhere on the lake, but with all the people trolling around you'll be lucky if you have any jugs left if you put them in the main lake.
If you put jugs out make sure they are properly marked because the Game Warden has been active on the lake lately but he doesn't enforce lake rules like how many fishing poles you can use on the bank or where you can put jugs out. His concern will be fishing licenses, safety equipment, life jackets, and properly marked jugs will be what he is watching for.
If you put jugs out be sure to place them where you can watch them! People out there are bold and will run a jug line even with boats around.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Calaveras lake map-- ZONING. - 05/22/15 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
There are two areas that you can put jug lines and it's fairly easy to figure out once on the lake. Those are only lake rules not state law.
If you come out of the launch and go to your immediate right and proceed up that arm of the lake (Chupaderas) you'll see the high lines that cross over the lake. Anwhere on the other side of those high lines.
If you go to the other side of the lake and proceed up that arm all the way to the far northwest end you'll see the railroad and vehicle traffics bridges.
Anywhere past those bridges if fair game.
Just remember past the high lines and the bridges. If you don't pass either you are in the wrong area.
Ever since Thousand Trails took over the lake, they don't enforce non of the rules except for collecting money and pay tickets on your windshield.
I've seen people put out jugs just about anywhere on the lake, but with all the people trolling around you'll be lucky if you have any jugs left if you put them in the main lake.
If you put jugs out make sure they are properly marked because the Game Warden has been active on the lake lately but he doesn't enforce lake rules like how many fishing poles you can use on the bank or where you can put jugs out. His concern will be fishing licenses, safety equipment, life jackets, and properly marked jugs will be what he is watching for.
If you put jugs out be sure to place them where you can watch them! People out there are bold and will run a jug line even with boats around.

Could not have said it any better! cheers

Side Note: Fished Cally the other day and caught some super channels. Also caught some nice Bluegill! (Posted in Bluegill Section). thumb
Posted By: parttime

Re: Calaveras lake map-- ZONING. - 05/22/15 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo

This has been one of the most frustrating things on the lake in the past few years. Tough to troll or drift fish with jugs littering the area they are not suppose to be in.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Calaveras lake map-- ZONING. - 05/22/15 01:45 PM

When I was in high school we used to jug out there every once in a while. If your gonna set jugs and leave them you better do it right at or after dark and you better be there first thing in the morning or they wont be.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum