Texas Fishing Forum

Home made catfish slipcorks

Posted By: Dr.Fishz

Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/17/15 04:51 AM

Similar to cjs corks. Hope you like it.
[img:center]http://[/img]
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/17/15 05:08 AM

looks good i get mine from a frind who makes them by hand and i can tell you they are the most sestive bobbers i have ever use i sooner you can detect that fish the better. with the ones he makes i can tell if a fish is just feeing it it wont float right it really increased my catch i seen some simaler add out of wine corks i think
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/17/15 11:38 AM

Nice job cool
Posted By: Dougthehead

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/17/15 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Chemdawg
looks good i get mine from a frind who makes them by hand and i can tell you they are the most sestive bobbers i have ever use i sooner you can detect that fish the better. with the ones he makes i can tell if a fish is just feeing it it wont float right it really increased my catch i seen some simaler add out of wine corks i think

Hmm, that is a good use for old wine corks. I have plenty of them laying around, might have to hit up home depot and get some dowel rods and other materials and make a few myself. Question though, how should the float be floating? Should it be straight up and down normally? Doesn't the wood from the dowel try to float up flat with the surface of the water?
Posted By: HeavyLead

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/17/15 06:16 PM

One of the coolest ideas I've ever seen for a cheap homemade slip cork is foam ear plugs with coffee stirrers down the middle.

Posted By: CPR

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/17/15 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: HeavyLead
One of the coolest ideas I've ever seen for a cheap homemade slip cork is foam ear plugs with coffee stirrers down the middle.

Nice thumb thumb
Posted By: jason77

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/17/15 11:41 PM

I like those may try to make some myself.
Posted By: livebait

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/18/15 01:37 AM

Care to expand a little? Give us a short tutorial ..looks like a worthy project.

Thanks
Livebait
Mike
Posted By: Eric BBQMAN

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/19/15 08:36 PM

x2
Posted By: Bluecatkayak

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/19/15 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: livebait
Care to expand a little? Give us a short tutorial ..looks like a worthy project.

Thanks
Livebait
Mike

Agreed!

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/21/15 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr.fish(tornado)
Similar to cjs corks. Hope you like it.
[img:center]http://[/img]

I'll ask again would you expand on how to make these? I think we all like to use equipment that we make our selves that works.

Thank you
livebait
Mike

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/21/15 04:47 PM

22 gauge wire wrap four times around a screwdriver. Find an area where to put the eye on. Wrap it up with sewing thread or trhead you use for fly tying
The green labled hardwood or balas is what i use.

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/21/15 04:47 PM

Balsa

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/21/15 05:12 PM

Thanks !! so the one in the pic will be cut and make 2 correct? Right now I have lots of down time still recovering from a hospital stay in April. and don't ya know its killing me, 2 weeks ago you couldn't launch a boat at my local lake and with all the rain its over full an calling my name....soon enough.
So now a trip to the Walmart and I have a project to take up some time!!

Thanks a lot
livebait
Mike

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/21/15 05:13 PM

Actually its one long bobber for extra sensitvity
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/21/15 06:24 PM

If you take the little green bobber in the op, you can run the line through the lack stopper out the bottom tie on a Carolina rig and put your bobber stopper at the appropriate height(I use a piece of 30 lb mono with a couple half hitches and trimmed tag ends for a bobber stop. I use it to catch crappie white bass cats et. fish look at those floats and they go under, no need for all the extra work, besides I would hate to have to store a handful of those in the boat. just my 2cents
Posted By: Sunup

Re: Home made catfish slipcorks - 05/21/15 07:07 PM

easy to tie bobber stop knot

http://www.netknots.com/fishing_knots/bobber-stopper-knot/
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum