Texas Fishing Forum

Shallow Cats

Posted By: txwhitetail

Shallow Cats - 05/16/15 02:40 PM

When fishing shallow water cats say less than 8' what type rigs you using for anchored and drifting?
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Shallow Cats - 05/16/15 03:07 PM

I put out 12 to 20 noodles and spend the rest of the time chasing them down. I can cover from 300 to 1000 yds and the drift will take them from where I set them out all the way to the bank. I use from 4 to 8 feet of line under the noodle. Non stop action if they are biting and will wear the trolling motor battery out.
While the noodles are doing their thang I will fish with my rods 2 or 3 using dip bait or punch bait or whole perch unless I have to chase noodles down.
Some people will bass fish while the noodles are catching. I don't bass fish. Bass fishing is sorta like riding a Honda to me. I might but I don't want anybody seeing me do it.
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Shallow Cats - 05/16/15 04:03 PM

I use a santee cooper or three way for blues. Carolina rig or slip cork for channels
Posted By: bankman72

Re: Shallow Cats - 05/16/15 05:02 PM

3way rig for drifting. I use a 18in drop on my weight and about a foot of leader to my hook. Anchored or bank fishing in slow moving water I use a Carolina rig and vary the leader based on the action
Posted By: River Cat

Re: Shallow Cats - 05/16/15 07:37 PM

I love this comment, fits me too!!!
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: Shallow Cats - 05/17/15 04:31 AM

ancord i use a slip cork that are home made they are supper sensitive and copper ring when drifting
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum