Texas Fishing Forum

DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"???

Posted By: JCBfromTHF

DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/12/15 10:57 PM

OK catfish crew.........I don't do enough catfishing to know much about the different flavors so I have come to yall for some help.

I have used Danny King Blood and CJ's shad punch baits pretty much exclusively for the last several years during the spawn. No complaits about either at all! I tend to give the edge to the CJ's shad flavor the edge in terms of catching more fish but the DK blood seems to catch a few more bigger fish.

My question is what flavor is the DK "Original"? Is it basically the equal of the CJ shad flavor? I only ask because the DK Original seems to be easier to find than the CJ's and there seems to be more product in each tub as well.

Thanks!
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/13/15 02:29 AM

Just call Stubby and have some cheese bait delivered to you. 817-366-5492. Not near as nasty or messy as the punch bait. I have found better results with his cheese dough bait also.
Posted By: milton1allen

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/13/15 01:51 PM

I have used DK blood with good outcome as well. I have not used the original, but just this spring I have been using DK Garlic with very good luck. Nevertheless, I am intending to get some of Stubbys cheese bait and try it. If it works like everyone says the catfish might just come out on the bank after it!
Posted By: opus

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/13/15 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: littlewheel
Just call Stubby and have some cheese bait delivered to you. 817-366-5492. Not near as nasty or messy as the punch bait. I have found better results with his cheese dough bait also.
thumb thumb thumbI quit punch awhile back after some problems went back to my ol relieble worms went to Fork last week all my buddys there used worms BUT I knew Stubby caught the he77 out of um there so I picked some up by the time we were through all but one hard head was usin dough balls.They got tired of watchin me catch um I was catchin 4 to their 1
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/14/15 01:08 AM

That is the truth.
Posted By: Jim A.

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/14/15 01:18 AM

I use the D. K. original, love it. stinky cheese smell. I don't have problems limiting out quickly. I fish Palestine, limit is fifty a day.
Posted By: CenTexan

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/14/15 11:21 PM

Keep some original in the boat at all times. I think it's just a shad base.
Posted By: jason77

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/15/15 05:58 AM

To answer ur question. And not to try to sell u anything. Yes I do believe it is shad. If I choose a sneeze bait Chemdawg cheese dough bait. It's made from 100% real cheese 50% orange 50% percent white. Not to mention. It is the best smelling good bait around.
A
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/15/15 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: jason77
To answer ur question. And not to try to sell u anything. Yes I do believe it is shad. If I choose a sneeze bait Chemdawg cheese dough bait. It's made from 100% real cheese 50% orange 50% percent white. Not to mention. It is the best smelling good bait around.
A

Sure sounds like you are trying to sell some of Chemdawg's sneeze bait to me......
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/15/15 01:43 PM

I believe Danny King's original is a cheese and binder base with shad.

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/15/15 02:06 PM

There was a BIG TODO bout Danny Kings bait a while back if I remember right some are made in OK and some in TX. Ya really dont want the schit made in OK two WAY different baits

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/15/15 02:26 PM

I still dont understand why people on the forum (esp. catfish guys) are skeered to post when they have a problem with a bait????? I had a problem with CJs a while back posted it here he told me here in the cat sec. he would take care of me well to make a long story short I looked him up on facebook then pretty quick he sent me a replacement. Come to find out some others on here were having problems too.I will NEVER BUY PUNCH AGAIN. the replacement was full of fillers sticks, chunks of something that looked like skin or guts punch a hook in it and break 15# braid tryin to pull hook out. So what Im tryin to saY if ya have a problem with some bait POST IT. If ya find something that works post that too please. Well never say never I will buy some Big Marves next time I go down to SA. Sorry guys I always called um like I see um good or bad. Kinda courious is CJs still full of fillers??I see here quite a few use it here
Posted By: HeavyLead

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/15/15 02:48 PM

CJ's seems OK to me. I've got some shad and monster that I'm almost out of. Could have just been a temporary quality control thing producing in such large numbers for Academy, Cabelas, and BPS.

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/15/15 02:56 PM

Great glad to hear hes keepin all the trash out now
Posted By: Freeman Clark

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/15/15 03:03 PM

I have had very good luck with CJs baits and Mr. Johns is a great guy to do business with.

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/15/15 05:34 PM

Great glad to see he changed his ways back in 3/14 13(cant make link??) wasnt that way I wasnt only one with problems with him and his bait
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: DANNY KINGS "ORIGINAL"??? - 05/15/15 09:12 PM

Thanks for all the replies guys. I picked up some of the DK original, and found a few pints of the CJ's Shad and already had a bunch of the DK blood.

I have used both for close to ten years probably and never had any issues. All of my DK stuff has the Streetman Texas address as well.

Hopefully I will be loading the boat with some fishies soon.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum