Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Grapevine???

Posted By: trav1921

Lake Grapevine??? - 05/01/15 01:49 AM

Tomorrow morning taking my 4 year old son out on the boat to do some Catfishing. Any ideas where they are stacked up at. Figured with all the rain they would be scattered. Think we will try by the island, although not sure its an island anymore lol, then over by sand bass point and Scott's landing. Just trying to take a little time out of the scouting.

Also has anyone been out on Grapevine within the last few days? Wondering if the water has settled and if the floaters went back into hibernation? Thanks for any info.
Posted By: j_mit

Re: Lake Grapevine??? - 05/01/15 03:02 AM

Try, flooded willows north side around the dam, also had luck west end of the lake just off the sand beach.
Posted By: trav1921

Re: Lake Grapevine??? - 05/01/15 03:08 AM

Cool thank you I will give them a try. Hope I have a happy boy tomorrow.
Posted By: Tipps

Re: Lake Grapevine??? - 05/01/15 05:03 AM

I took my little boys yesterday and it was tough. I caught plenty of shad but very few blues. I was in boat near twin coves. Was wondering what all this new water has done to them myself. Last year this time it was pretty good.
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Lake Grapevine??? - 05/01/15 01:04 PM

hmm, I was wondering myself. need to "guide" my mom and daughter this evening or tomorrow. I was hoping the catfish bite was Ok since the bass and crappie seem to be tough. Blues aren't spawning yet rip rap?
Posted By: Tipps

Re: Lake Grapevine??? - 05/01/15 03:18 PM

I don't think they are, but could be wrong. I thought it was later in May last year when it happened.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum