Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville or Grapevine

Posted By: wmcjr

Lewisville or Grapevine - 04/29/15 10:52 PM

Wanting to catch some cats from the bank. Resent had knee replacement so I'll need easy access. Please advise.
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: Lewisville or Grapevine - 04/30/15 02:19 AM

check out the Bank Fishing Map.. looks good.
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: Lewisville or Grapevine - 04/30/15 02:20 AM

check out the Bank Fishing Map.. looks good.
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Lewisville or Grapevine - 04/30/15 12:34 PM

Grapevine built a new fishing platform near McPherson boat ramp.
Posted By: bankman72

Re: Lewisville or Grapevine - 04/30/15 04:26 PM

I'd second that new fishing pier at mcpherson slough its an easy access point and I've caught cats nearby. Its usually got a few people fishing it during daylight but I rarely see anyone there after dark. You could also try the boat ramps around scotts landing, the bank there is pretty gentle sloping and its a short walk
Posted By: Ranger7

Re: Lewisville or Grapevine - 04/30/15 07:44 PM

Like previously mentioned, fishing platform near McPherson boat ramp would probably be best. With the water raising, there is a lot of brush and it makes fishing somewhat difficult in many places.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Lewisville or Grapevine - 04/30/15 07:56 PM

The fishing pier on Grapevine at McPherson has the walk way out to it under water right now so one would have to wade out to it unless they have fixed it since last weekend. Seems to me there is another one on west of there near Meadowmere by where the old Midway camp used to be. Don't know what condition it's in right now.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Lewisville or Grapevine - 04/30/15 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: bankman72
I'd second that new fishing pier at mcpherson slough its an easy access point and I've caught cats nearby. Its usually got a few people fishing it during daylight but I rarely see anyone there after dark. You could also try the boat ramps around scotts landing, the bank there is pretty gentle sloping and its a short walk

Good catfishing there off of sand bass point on the south side of the breakwater tires. Easy access.
Posted By: wmcjr

Re: Lewisville or Grapevine - 04/30/15 09:37 PM

Thanks for all the advice.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum