Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville suggestions???

Posted By: markchat

Lewisville suggestions??? - 04/11/15 03:30 AM

Pops and I are headed to Lewisville in the am and could use a little direction. Any help would be really cool.
Posted By: BADLANDER

Re: Lewisville suggestions??? - 04/11/15 04:49 AM

Boat??? Hit up east facing banks , cats are shallow 4 feet or less in the lake dallas side

Re: Lewisville suggestions??? - 04/11/15 06:53 AM

Yes boat, thank you very much!
Posted By: j_mit

Re: Lewisville suggestions??? - 04/11/15 01:05 PM

Let me know how you do, taking my young boys out tomorrow.

Re: Lewisville suggestions??? - 04/11/15 04:19 PM

Didn't make it out. The tilt and trim motor went out before we even left. About to order the seal and brush kit. Sorry fellas, no report.
Posted By: CPR

Re: Lewisville suggestions??? - 04/12/15 12:16 AM

Church camp full of GAR. Today. GO north lots eaters juggle
Posted By: j_mit

Re: Lewisville suggestions??? - 04/12/15 01:02 AM

Any help where to locate shad?
Posted By: CrappieAddict

Re: Lewisville suggestions??? - 04/12/15 05:25 AM

I literally had to throw my net about 100 times today. I was able to catch plenty of small shad for channel cats but nothing big enough to drift with. I found my shad in the marina, they were ridiculously hard to find out on the lake yesterday. The church camp is next to the mouth of pecan creek and I was there today. Yes there are gar there but you are more likely to hang a catfish. we didn't catch anything there today. Go as far north as you can and you will find a lot of standing timber, ive always caught some there. Just barely north of the toll bridge and you will see a grass island to the left, fish around it.

Re: Lewisville suggestions??? - 04/12/15 12:18 PM

Boat fixed. Headed out now. Thanks for the help Yall. Report later.

Re: Lewisville suggestions??? - 04/13/15 04:39 PM

Timber north of church camp was the ticket. Lots of shad there as well. Caught a box of eaters.
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Lewisville suggestions??? - 04/14/15 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: CrappieAddict
I literally had to throw my net about 100 times today. I was able to catch plenty of small shad for channel cats but nothing big enough to drift with. I found my shad in the marina, they were ridiculously hard to find out on the lake yesterday. The church camp is next to the mouth of pecan creek and I was there today. Yes there are gar there but you are more likely to hang a catfish. we didn't catch anything there today. Go as far north as you can and you will find a lot of standing timber, ive always caught some there. Just barely north of the toll bridge and you will see a grass island to the left, fish around it.

+1 on that shad. I wasn't getting but 1 or two tiny threads per a from around the cut. I had to do some heavy searching before I finally found some cutters. That surprised me because on Grapevine the day before I threw the net 4 times.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum