Texas Fishing Forum

Braid Vs Mono Poll

Posted By: Savage243

Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/10/15 08:00 PM

I am curious to what everyone uses here on the forum.

Since it is a little slow here in the Catfish section this might be fun to pass the time.
Posted By: young cat

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/10/15 08:04 PM

Do one for the bank and one for the boat because I use braid from the bank and mono from the boat
Posted By: Blues

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/10/15 08:48 PM

30lb mono to 50lb mono leader.
Posted By: redmist220

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/10/15 09:14 PM

Use them both
Posted By: Freeman Clark

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/11/15 12:56 AM

Both have there place.
Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/11/15 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Freeman Clark
Both have there place.

I know you are right Mr. Clark.
Posted By: BADLANDER

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/11/15 02:18 AM

Last time I used BRAID and tried to pull a snag!!!!!!!!
Posted By: HandgunHTR

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/11/15 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Lewisvillan

Ok, that was funny. I actually LOLed.
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/11/15 06:18 AM

Mono
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/11/15 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Lewisvillan

that's pretty good
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/11/15 02:51 PM

That hand looks like the state of texas!!!
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/11/15 02:55 PM

I've heard too many horror stories about giant fish spooling out someone's whole reel and the knot at the end snapping. If I hook a giant fish I don't want that to happen so I use heavy braid so I can more line on my reels.
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/11/15 03:15 PM

I have heard those stories, but where I fish usually, if a fish even came close to spooling me he would already be broke off in the timber or rocks.
Posted By: Redfish1975

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/11/15 11:50 PM

I selected braid...however I also use one or two with large mono that I also use on the coast. So yes most of mine are braid but I will probably always use a mix of the two. With all of the new braid now days it seems that there is plenty to pick from to fit your needs but they both have there use and place.

We switched over to mostly braid on the coast many many years ago due to the reds and black drums running your mono line on an oyster reef and pop it was gone just like that. Can honestly say that in the bays I prefer braid hands down cause it does not cut as easy on the oyster shells.
Posted By: K.G

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/11/15 11:57 PM

I prefer Mono for Bankin and Braid for Boatin, I think they both have there place.
Posted By: Blues

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/12/15 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: spazm09
I've heard too many horror stories about giant fish spooling out someone's whole reel and the knot at the end snapping. If I hook a giant fish I don't want that to happen so I use heavy braid so I can more line on my reels.

I can't see a catfish of even giant sizes spoiling a 6500.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/12/15 01:40 AM

I use both. Braid for still fishing and mono for jig casting. Never could get the hang of casting braid repeatedly at small targets with less than 1/4 oz without bird nesting the stuff. Jigging the blues up in the trees is some tuff work.
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/12/15 02:16 AM

Only reason I use braid is that I have a lot less bird nest with braid than mono with baitcasters. Used to use braided Dacron before this stuff.
Posted By: olenarey87

Re: Braid Vs Mono Poll - 04/12/15 02:17 AM

I prefer braid for banking because I like having the extra line on my spool. Never know when a monster might be on the be on the end of your line and have the strength to spool you. I don't see it happening, but just in case I prefer the extra line.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum