Texas Fishing Forum

New to Lake Lewisville

Posted By: RetiredMarine

New to Lake Lewisville - 04/10/15 02:38 PM

Hello all!
I am new to the area, and new to fishing the lakes around here. It's nice to be a member of the forum, and I look forward to meeting all of you good people. I planned on heading up to Lake Lewisville to do some fishing for cats, and I have done some reading. I pan on fishing maybe at the bank spot off 35, and using livers or shad. Does anyone have any tips or ideas for me? It would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: steveiam

Re: New to Lake Lewisville - 04/10/15 02:47 PM

Welcome to the forum-
I havent fished lewisville very much but there are
Many here on the forum who do-
I bet somebody will chime In soon -
Good Luck to ya!
Posted By: hurricane 201

Re: New to Lake Lewisville - 04/10/15 02:52 PM

Welcome to the forum, I am not sure about bank access but I would try to locate some on the north end of the old lake.
Posted By: RetiredMarine

Re: New to Lake Lewisville - 04/10/15 02:57 PM

Ok thank you. I checked that bank map on here, and I was wondering the names of the spots you are referring to? Also, are the cats more shallow now or staying deep?
Posted By: hurricane 201

Re: New to Lake Lewisville - 04/10/15 03:07 PM

PM sent.
Posted By: Ranger7

Re: New to Lake Lewisville - 04/10/15 04:36 PM

From what I have been reading, they are more shallow now. I only fished Lewisville once and it was at the old dam. Pretty good spot with lots of bank access.
Posted By: spazm09

Re: New to Lake Lewisville - 04/10/15 05:24 PM

I've had luck at these two spots. There is a bit of a walk so pack light. I use cut or whole perch.
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: New to Lake Lewisville - 04/10/15 05:46 PM

Book a trip with Ol Stink bait Tom. Bet he know that Lake better than anybody on this forum.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum