Texas Fishing Forum

Nttc November Tournament

Posted By: NTTC

Nttc November Tournament - 10/19/14 10:05 PM

The Nttc November tournament is a 2 day event and will be the 15th and 16th at Lake Palestine. The location will be Lake Palestine Resorts. They have cabins and are giving Nttc fishermen a discounted rate. Each cabin has 2 to 4 beds and the rates are $52.00 to $108.00/night. To receive this rate you must mention Nttc tourney. The number is 903-876-2253. He is also opening early for a breakfast buffet in the restaurant.

Fees are $120.00/members $160.00/non-members.

This is our classic and at the end of fishing on Sunday will award our Angler of the Year and Rookie of the Year trophy.

Registration starts at 5:00, fishing from 7:00a - 2:00p, weigh-in at 3:00.
For rules and other information you can visit our website at Texastrophycats.com

Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/19/14 10:32 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun! Good lake to fish too! thumb
Posted By: hurricane 201

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/20/14 12:39 AM

Cool, need to get reservations made.
Posted By: Vess

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/22/14 10:17 PM

Who's all fishing the classic?
Posted By: Drawout

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/22/14 10:31 PM

I may try and make it to this one
Posted By: catfishingterry

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/22/14 10:46 PM

I may only get to fish one day

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/22/14 10:53 PM

Trying to get the wife to switch weekends so it will be the whole clan with me in a cabin.
Posted By: big10

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/22/14 10:54 PM

I would really like to make this one but were supposed to be moving into a new house that weekend. We're excited to move but I wish it could have been a month sooner!
Posted By: Smoky

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/22/14 11:12 PM

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/22/14 11:36 PM

popcorn

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/22/14 11:39 PM

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/22/14 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Smoky
Originally Posted By: kansascatman
popcorn

Not trying to start anything, just kind of curious is all. If a guy can afford a truck, boat, finder, rods, etc then you would figure he could afford $1-200 if he was serious about fishing?
. If your serious come show us up. stir

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 01:21 AM

We will be there with my cash in hand!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 01:33 AM

I had planned on making this event originally but with such a small entry fee and typical small amount of boats, not sure if I got lucky and won that would even cover expenses! Wish it was $100-$150...

We had this discussion with our anglers last year at our Classic, and what we took away is the recession hit them hard and they have a budget to come out and fish local/cheaper tournaments rather than spend their entire tournament budget on 2-3 tournaments a year. I have a lot of guys say "if you raise the fee, I just cannot afford to fish the tournaments any longer." That is not what NTTC is about, we want to bring an affordable cat fishing tournament trail to the local anglers who want to get out and with the buddies and compete against each other while having some fun in the process.

Without our anglers, we do not have tournaments. They set the prices not me. I have said as long as I have 1 boat show up I will run a tournament.

No one will get rich fishing local trails, nor will the owners/tournament directors.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: catfishingterry
I may only get to fish one day

Just wanted to point out, that it's a two day total...combined days will determine a winner. Didn't want you shocked. I've clarified the original post to avoid confusion.
Posted By: CATDADDY JR

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: NTTC
I had planned on making this event originally but with such a small entry fee and typical small amount of boats, not sure if I got lucky and won that would even cover expenses! Wish it was $100-$150...

We had this discussion with our anglers last year at our Classic, and what we took away is the recession hit them hard and they have a budget to come out and fish local/cheaper tournaments rather than spend their entire tournament budget on 2-3 tournaments a year. I have a lot of guys say "if you raise the fee, I just cannot afford to fish the tournaments any longer." That is not what NTTC is about, we want to bring an affordable cat fishing tournament trail to the local anglers who want to get out and with the buddies and compete against each other while having some fun in the process.

Without our anglers, we do not have tournaments. They set the prices not me. I have said as long as I have 1 boat show up I will run a tournament.

No one will get rich fishing local trails, nor will the owners/tournament directors.

+1 These trails are suppose to be fun while having a chance to win a little cash and a trophy lol. We all want to win and make some money doing so but if your just fishing for the payouts then go chase the big money trails around the country.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 01:59 AM

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 02:13 AM

What is your problem with me? Honestly? For years you have taken potshots at NTTC even started your own trail/club whatever you want to call what we do and pushed into the metroplex after a year.

It's clear there is something that I have done to offend you, what is it?

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 02:19 AM

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 02:31 AM

My apologies guys, this forum is no place for this.....tight lines

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 02:41 AM

The 2 biggest things holding us back are:

1. People would rather sit back and armchair what's wrong instead of coming out and fish. $60, $100, $500 it really doesn't matter without the anglers. You out price your clients, you lose them and don't you think for one minute the guys that spend their money and come out and fish are not our clients/customers. We are providing a service for a fee just like a guide does or A big box store.

2. Corporate sponsors and I'm not talking the BPS or Cabellas of the world, I am talking Lowrance, hummingbird, Gamagatsu, Ande, Merc and all of the other gear that is out there that we use. They spend their budget on 501(c)'s and bass fisherman. I have sent 100's of emails and made just as many phone calls to these guys to only get "maybe next year, our budget has been spent" or the run around "you need to talk to so and so" and after calling so and so I get "that's not me man" and finally the no response.

The sad thing is, it's the catfish specific guys that I get the most run around from. We would rather break each other down than build up the sport that we love.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 03:36 AM

Yes those trophies are where its at for me , I will say this next season lets raise membership and get some different trophies running around I need some new colors on the shelf banana
Posted By: ER74

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 03:52 AM

Not sure what the fuss is about. I know it takes a lot of work to put these on and it does not go un appreciated. Thank you, Ken & Family for all your hard work! thumb

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 03:52 AM

Oh and I am not in it for rthe trophies just to finish ahead of Drawout! cheers

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: ER74

Oh and it begins!!!!! for those of you who don't know what's going on here go to the NTTC web page and check out the current points, you can see the race these guys are in and don't forget team Miles Miles, they are right on their tails. www.texastrophycats.com/
Check it out!!!
Posted By: Fishing Professor

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 02:04 PM

I would love to fish these tourneys, but family, time, and I lack dedication but if I did I would do so just for the bragging rights and to fish with these guys. I mean when I was doing the BBQ and Chili circuit back in the 80's and 90's the prize money never really covered much, it was the ride and bragging rights I was after and above all the cajoling and trash talking with the members of the other teams.

Ken has been doing an excellent job for years, I admire him for that, I ran a small sand bass tourney gig about 5 years back and it was not easy.

Kudos Ken, keep up the great work, and remember if you do not have any haters, you ain't doing it right.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 03:38 PM

I got Er74 right where I want him bannana2 But those miles brothers ill have to watch out for smile

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 04:45 PM

Alright, here is how I see it.

If at Palestine, Jimbo and I can win 1ST place both days with 5 fish, 176lbs stringers, big fish, and can at the same time keep all of the rest of you below 120 points per day.
We can still win this thing. hammer LOL Its not mathematically impossible.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 05:33 PM

Im excited about this lake. Never fished it before so I will spending some time down there these next couple of weeks. Just by looking at the lake map it has my heart racing. Its going to be a good tournament.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/23/14 11:49 PM

Just to fish with good guys and put some pressure on a water body, and enjoy the fellowship is always good. I have never fished that lake but been on topo maps since the gv tournament im stoked! Yeah a win is a plus but I love new water! Oh johnny ill be next to you anchors touching mr record holder!
thumb
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: hurricane 201

Oh and it begins!!!!! for those of you who don't know what's going on here go to the NTTC web page and check out the current points, you can see the race these guys are in and don't forget team Miles Miles, they are right on their tails. www.texastrophycats.com/
Check it out!!!

Paul Buddy, I checked out the current points and it is tight, but I couldn't key in on any of em except You, Stinkbait Tom, and the True Catfishing Champion ( Drawout grin ). I can only link a few to their forum screen names. So who else on the current list is on the forum? Sure would be cool to know. popcorn2

Oh and also, last time Kansascatman posted the pic of the grapevine tournament results on here and I didn't know any of those dudes either except you and The True Catfishing Champion ( Drawout grin ).

Actually... they might not want us to know who they are. That might make them uncomfortable huh? noidea So maybe you shouldn't post that info for us. Maybe if they read this they can just post on here and tell us who they are because all I really know is You and The True Catfishing Champion ( Drawout grin ). Hahaha!!!

hmmm Yeah, that'll work. Let's see who chimes in. popcorn2

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 12:53 AM

Oh, guys did I tell yall that all I know is Hurricane201 and The True Catfishing Champion ( Drawout ). roflmao roflmao roflmao bolt

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 12:59 AM

Blind squirrel finds an acorn occasionally, I was in Randy Millers boat that day so look for his boat cyclop And stop doing your homework just show up and take the test and hope for the best lol

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 01:02 AM

Dang Rick I don't know if I need to take you serious or jokingly but ill take that status LOL just call me TTCCD so you don't have to keep typing my greatness dance2
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 01:04 AM

I think anyone that is trying to cover their expenses from tournament winnings needs to switch to the green fish. Then again...those guys have $60K boats and that much in tackle in the boat.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 02:05 AM

Hey rick I am the guy who is ahead of drawout in points. Not sure how you don't know my name I post here all the time. When was the last time we saw you at a tourney? popcorn

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 02:25 AM

Think Rick is scarred of coming to play with us! LoL

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 03:15 AM

roflmao Awwww man... i just messed up. Drawout bud, I was serious but then for some reason I also thought it was hilarious at the same time. Sorry bud, I shouldn't have laid it out like that. Have you ever done or said something that you thought was funny and you looked up and nobody was laughin? I think I just did that. Lol! peep

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 03:18 AM

Is that johnnys boat? ? peep

oh! Okay there over there then! Turn off the fish finder and find johnny!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 03:19 AM

Hey rick I am the guy who is ahead of drawout in points. Not sure how you don't know my name I post here all the time. When was the last time we saw you at a tourney? popcorn

Lol! I think your name is Eric, but I don't know your last name and that's what I'm seeing on the current list. I'v never fished a tournament yet. hide2

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 03:21 AM

Think Rick is scarred of coming to play with us! LoL

Lol!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 03:24 AM

[quote=hurricane 201]Think Rick is scarred of coming to play with us! LoL [/quote

That's why I'm doing my homework Paul. Lol! cheers

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 03:25 AM

Is that johnnys boat? ? peep

oh! Okay there over there then! Turn off the fish finder and find johnny!

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Robalo Rick

Check it out!!!

Paul Buddy, I checked out the current points and it is tight, but I couldn't key in on any of em except You, Stinkbait Tom, and the True Catfishing Champion ( Drawout grin ). I can only link a few to their forum screen names. So who else on the current list is on the forum? Sure would be cool to know. popcorn2

Oh and also, last time Kansascatman posted the pic of the grapevine tournament results on here and I didn't know any of those dudes either except you and The True Catfishing Champion ( Drawout grin ).

Actually... they might not want us to know who they are. That might make them uncomfortable huh? noidea So maybe you shouldn't post that info for us. Maybe if they read this they can just post on here and tell us who they are because all I really know is You and The True Catfishing Champion ( Drawout grin ). Hahaha!!!

hmmm Yeah, that'll work. Let's see who chimes in. popcorn2

we met at the state park ramp the day when you pushed a wave right onto this forum.... and I stand out in this crowd believe me lol!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 03:33 AM

Come on rick you been workin on that boat for a while now. You need to come fish with us and see if that robalo still floats lol!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 03:39 AM

Ken me and the boys appreciate you and your family providing a tournament trail affordable and fun to create life long memories. Thanks my man!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 03:40 AM

Theres too much time til palestine ....this thread ought to get interesting to say the least!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 01:36 PM

Mornin!!!!! Ok, I've got my bigboy boots on now. Not my " evil twin camoflauge house slippers ". Lol! Welp, phone's ringin better call em back real quick.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 02:21 PM

Theres too much time til palestine ....this thread ought to get interesting to say the least!

Maybe at Palestine you can keep that boy from trying to go noodling.....

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 02:58 PM

Lol!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 03:22 PM

You guys are crazy , I'm gonna take the silent approach on this one and let you all Carry on the smack talk peep

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 03:23 PM

Come on rick you been workin on that boat for a while now. You need to come fish [quote=kansascatman]Come on rick you been workin on that boat for a while now. You need to come fish with us and see if that robalo still floats lol!

I know KC! Been workin on it hard. Gettin closer every day. I just finished framing everything in and painting all the metal last week.

Got the Generator/cooler/rodholder stand built so now I can use my livewell.

Took it out Sunday for a shake test. It performed pretty good. grin The thing has six doors on it! All I have to do now is add the walls round it but that again is gonna be time consuming.

The Bee Readys are workin out.

My oldest boy got to put some slime on it.

And Dang!!! It takes forever to put these picture response posts together from your phone. cry

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Drawout
You guys are crazy , I'm gonna take the silent approach on this one and let you all Carry on the smack talk peep

No runnin allowed Drawout! roflmao bolt

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 03:55 PM

That's looking good Rick!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 05:30 PM

No runnin allowed Drawout! roflmao bolt

One thing should be painfully obvious when looking at me and its that I don't run for nothing but the dinner bell

I'll slowly walk dragging 2 tubs of fish to the weigh in thumb

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 09:33 PM

Looks good rick!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/24/14 09:34 PM

Paul I thinks it's hard to noodle 20 plus fow in a life jacket lol

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/25/14 12:19 AM

I hope my danny kings works better than it did on grapevine. I at least want 5 1/2lb fish
Posted By: ssfireman

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/25/14 01:13 AM

Well right now I am planning on making this one started a second job and hope that doesn't mess it up. I hope I can get out and prefish it . Never been on Palestine.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/26/14 10:21 PM

Just made our reservation at lake Palestine resort and they only had one cabin left. Better hurry. fish

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/27/14 01:47 PM

Got ours made as well....

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/28/14 04:13 PM

You guys are too quite ! someone talk some smack and keep this thread at the top .

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/28/14 04:31 PM

Lol! You mispelled quiet!!! roflmao

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/28/14 05:02 PM

I bet there is going to be a lot of top secret pre fishing for this one. Rumor has it that some has already begun.
Hate to tell you guys, but there's gonna be big weather events between now and then and the ill prepared (ie. Hurricane 201)are gonna have the upper hand.... No preconceived notions about where the fish are, just find them, catch them, WIN!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/28/14 05:35 PM

oops coffee where I come from as long as all the correct letters are there people learn to know what you mean. bang

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/28/14 06:39 PM

oops coffee where I come from as long as all the correct letters are there people learn to know what you mean. bang

I mis-spelled the exact same word the same way in the last thread that I posted. Bout a week ago. Lol!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/28/14 06:41 PM

I bet there is going to be a lot of top secret pre fishing for this one. Rumor has it that some has already begun.
Hate to tell you guys, but there's gonna be big weather events between now and then and the ill prepared (ie. Hurricane 201)are gonna have the upper hand.... No preconceived notions about where the fish are, just find them, catch them, WIN!

I've been thinkin bout sneakin down there and pre-fishin myself. Lol!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/28/14 08:05 PM

Welp, the wife just trashed those plans. Lol! Guess It really is gonna be 2015 before I get to fish an NTTC tourney. rockon

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/28/14 08:10 PM

Welp, the wife just trashed those plans. Lol! Guess It really is gonna be 2015 before I get to fish an NTTC tourney. rockon

Bock Bock Chicken Little, the sky is falling... Oh that's mama's hammer.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/28/14 09:32 PM

Bock Bock Chicken Little, the sky is falling... Oh that's mama's hammer.

Lol!! When the wife say's no it means no Paul. roflmao grin bolt

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/28/14 09:37 PM

Been married for 25 years, I know exactly what you are talking about. Don't mean I cant harass you though.....
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/28/14 09:45 PM

Rick, just oh ahead and go fishin!! She will fore give you eventually!!!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/28/14 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: tgravley aka stinkbait tom
fish now..... apologize later

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/28/14 10:25 PM

Easier to ask for forgiveness that for permission.
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/29/14 01:14 AM

Go ahead Rick. Its not that bad that they don't talk to you for awhile. Mine hasn't talked to me since Saturday when I missed a family function, been kind of peaceful.
Posted By: txranchhand75

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/29/14 11:16 PM

Dang I have seen short leases before Rick but i believe yours has a choker chain as well. lol j/k

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/29/14 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: tgravley aka stinkbait tom

+1

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/30/14 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: txranchhand75
Dang I have seen short leases before Rick but i believe yours has a choker chain as well. lol j/k

roflmao I know I know! And I told Drawout No Runnin. Lol! bolt

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/30/14 12:36 AM

And too Stinkbait Tom, Catfishingterry, TRH, ER74 and Catdaddy Jr... The wife said I was good for 2015, so I'll see yall then. flag

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/30/14 01:55 AM

And too Stinkbait Tom, Catfishingterry, TRH, ER74 and Catdaddy Jr... The wife said I was good for 2015, so I'll see yall then. flag
cant wait... we need more teams.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/30/14 02:09 AM

Hey Rick I'm tough as hell when my wife ain't around lol! ....... no seriously
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/30/14 04:57 AM

I wish I had a bigger boat. I'd love to fish this.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/30/14 12:58 PM

Hey Rick I'm tough as hell when my wife ain't around lol! ....... no seriously

Lol! cheers

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/30/14 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033

See your PB of 55 LBS = your boat is big enough, come fish.....

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/30/14 01:50 PM

See your PB of 55 LBS = your boat is big enough, come fish.....

Yeah... You can do it Nick. Lol! cheers

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/30/14 02:10 PM

Im kinda concerned with someone not wanting to enter due to boat being too small to hold all the big blues hes gonna catch smile
Posted By: jjason

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/30/14 03:46 PM

call Lee up . Tell him yall need to enter with the Toon

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 10/30/14 03:49 PM

My livewell only holds one 50 lber. I mentioned it to Lee awhile back and he wasn't interested in taking anybody's money.
Posted By: BigDave1

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/01/14 12:21 PM

When we fished kitty tournaments, we fished from a 16.5 foot deep V. Livewell would barely hold a single 50 pounder! We just used those large rope stringers and put the large fish over the side in the lake. The fish did better than gettin all banged up in a livewell or tank.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/01/14 02:59 PM

I have an 18.5' true flatbottom that doesn't like rough water.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/01/14 04:45 PM

I have an 18.5' true flatbottom that doesn't like rough water.

Nick, if I was going to this tournament, you could just call me if you we're in trouble but I'm not gonna be able to make this one. So it sounds like you better play it safe and just hit the Raybob Tournament in January when I go. grin The ole Bob can get ruthless in rough winds, but you can just call me and I'll come get ya. I've plowed the fields for a many of friends on rough days. banana

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/01/14 04:59 PM

And I'm gonna say my favorite word again..........

Robalorick bigboy. roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/01/14 08:17 PM

With this cold snap hope the fish arent far from where I left them this past weekend coolio

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/01/14 08:39 PM

You can say that again

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/04/14 12:16 AM

Anybody got any good prefishing stories/reports? popcorn2

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/04/14 12:31 AM

Drawouts record is in jeopardy de

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/04/14 12:32 AM

Yeah cause drawout is going to make it a little bigger

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/04/14 12:33 AM

maybe....

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/04/14 12:58 AM

Yeah cause drawout is going to make it a little bigger

shocked

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/04/14 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: CATDADDY JR
Drawouts record is in jeopardy de

Perfect!!!!! Lol!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/04/14 03:21 AM

maybe....

Lol!!! popcorn

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/06/14 12:45 AM

wopics

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/06/14 01:54 AM

Show us some pics Drawout!! So I know where to fish hmmm

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/06/14 04:06 AM

Yeah Johnny since you caught all the good bait and left me and jimbo all the inch and a half shad lol! Heard you caught a few before we got there...

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/06/14 04:08 AM

See you bright and early next Friday... fish thumb

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/06/14 04:11 AM

stir

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/06/14 12:54 PM

Be careful what ya hear before a tournament violin duel
Posted By: randymiller821

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/07/14 06:33 PM

done when a tied me some up

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/07/14 06:41 PM

randy you ought to see whos watching before you tie them fish up like that.......thanks for the good ones

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/07/14 07:14 PM

that is ok those where left tide up to get those following me off my trail

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/07/14 07:15 PM

ninja

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/07/14 08:32 PM

Oohhh.... I like a bit of rivalry. .. okay me and son will spread that winning margin a lot bigger than vine then... woot lol its all love my man...

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/07/14 08:34 PM

I think we have a slight advantage with the cold snap coming from Alaska. Texans get slightly uncomfortable when it's below 50. That's us Kansas boys flip flop weather..lol

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/07/14 08:37 PM

So where are you fishing again Johnny? I ain't shy our anchors can touch lmao!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/07/14 08:46 PM

If you cant find fish on Palestine you might wanna clean your transducer on that bird fish loco_2

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/07/14 08:47 PM

So where are you fishing again Johnny? I ain't shy our anchors can touch lmao!

roflmao

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/07/14 09:07 PM

Hey now vess backup.......you gonna have to find your own birds to hound dog on. I already have gps tracking devices on johnnys and randys boats so the only anchors that will be touching theirs is mine

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/07/14 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: txranchhand75
Hey now vess backup.......you gonna have to find your own birds to hound dog on. I already have gps tracking devices on johnnys and randys boats so the only anchors that will be touching theirs is mine

No Minaj jimbo?? police

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/08/14 02:54 PM

Looking to be a bit sporty next weekend. Saturday high of 50 with 35mph winds. Sunday 49 33 mph

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/08/14 08:38 PM

Looking to be a bit sporty next weekend. Saturday high of 50 with 35mph winds. Sunday 49 33 mph

Oh yea!!!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/08/14 11:20 PM

[quote=ER74]Looking to be a bit sporty next weekend. Saturday high of 50 with 35mph winds. Sunday 49 33 mph

30-40% chance of rain as well

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/09/14 12:56 AM

I really hate that I'm not gonna be able to fish this one......

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/09/14 01:23 AM

Oh yeah that to the wet stuff.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/09/14 01:27 AM

Maybe even snow ! Shaping up to be a tourny that we reference for years to come . Like lavon a couple years back it was terrible !!! Should be fun lol

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/09/14 02:52 AM

I dont know where you are seeing 30 mph winds but everywhere I look says around 10-20.?

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/09/14 03:01 AM

Keep looking its changing everytime I look, fact is they don't know until the front actually gets here so who knows

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/09/14 02:34 PM

I love the cold and dont really mind the rain but I am not a big fan of the wind.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/09/14 02:35 PM

I will have a couple of extra nets if anyone wants one.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/09/14 02:35 PM

7ft 3/8 mesh 1lb per foot. non-lead

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/09/14 03:37 PM

How much are the nets?

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 01:17 AM

notice the new sig pic , just wanna give you boys some motivation whip

Catfish, Blue 47.25 42.50 Feb 8, 2014 Johnny Ward Jr. cut shad just saying roflmao

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 01:42 AM

Don't act like having a lake record is that hard to get. I have picked up 6 so far this year. Some are easier to break than others.......

Catfish, Blue 2.00 16.50 May 3, 2014 Nicholas Orr Senko cheers

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 11:38 AM

Wasn't hard at all , all I had to do was reel him in Randy had to do the hard part and net him and keep it good and healthy for the weigh in and the trip to Athens to certify it fish You have to really wanna a lake record to certify a 2 lb blue , I sure hope that was for a youth angler stir

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 11:44 AM

Wasn't hard at all , all I had to do was reel him in Randy had to do the hard part and net him and keep it good and healthy for the weigh in and the trip to Athens to certify it fish You have to really wanna a lake record to certify a 2 lb blue , I sure hope that was for a youth angler stir

Lol!

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 11:56 AM

And since nobody's thought of any pre-fishing/tourney stories to tell, I got one. It's not a blue cat pre-fishing/tourney story but it's all I got for now. Back in the day I was a bass fisherman. I use to chase those green trash fish from sun up to sundown and right before the end of my bass fishin career, I got to where I could put toads in the boat. In fact... seeing fish over 10 pounds floppin around wasn't a strange occurence. Here's a few.
My wife's 12.6

Robalo Rob's 11.4

Robalo Rob's 11.6

My Stepson's Sharelunker 13.59

And My 10.3

Anyways, my father in law called me up one day and said his company was putting on a bass fishing tournament and asked me if I thought we could win it. I said sure, you wanna fish it? He said " sure ". A couple of months later I was out prefishing a few days before the tourney. I covered the lake and for 8 hours of fishing I only had 2 little bitty ole bass to show for it. The day before the tourney a storm blew over and I knew we we're screwed. On the mornin of the tourney, we got up early and I could tell my father in law was in a good mood. We launched the boat, and while we we're eating a couple of burritos, driving to the location where I planned on starting the tournament I felt bad because I just knew it was gonna be a long slow fishing day and we we're in deep trouble. Anyways, we got to the location where we we're gonna start and we we're just chillin until it was fishing time and all of the sudden, I decided to jump ship and fish a different spot. My father in law said Rick... " we not gonna fish this spot and I said, " yeah, we might come back to it later, but I think we should try this other area first. ". As I was nearing the next location I looked up and saw three other bass boats already there and I said " [censored], we gotta go back ". Lol! Then, when we started to get back to where we started off, there we're 4 bass boats there. I was like [censored] so I headed off to another area that I knew of and when we got close I realized there we're two bass boats in that area. I could tell my father in law was prolly thinkin " oh hell, you messed up." I slowed down the boat and we we're cruising at slow idle. I didn't know what to say or do so I reached down in the pocket and pulled out a Marlboro and as soon as I got it lit I remembered another old area of the lake that at times could produce big fish but usually it just held a lotta dinks. When we got to that spot there was nobody there and the water was like glass. It was a cloudy day and we we're already 45 minutes into the tournament. We grabbed our rods and went to work and within 20 minutes we already had five fish in the boat. Lol! They we're dinks but they we're 5 fish and I could tell my father in law was happy. I think we caught around 12 fish that day and all we're dinks up until about 11:30 when my father in law said, " oh man..... I think I got a good en"! We ended up boating that fish, and it was an awesome 7 pound fatty which was my father in laws new all time personal best bass! We didn't win 1st in that tournament, but we got second out of 24 boats which was SWEET and I gotta say.... It was an Awesome day!!!!!! Good luck to everybody fishing the tourney! Oh... and if your a newby tourney fisher which I know most of yall aren't since this is the classic, but if you are, start where you planned to start the tourney, don't switch spots in the last minute like I did especially if their is nobody there. It makes you feel like a Dumb bass!!! Lol.
Our Second Place Tourney Pic.

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 12:56 PM

Appreciate the read even if it was catching those scaley critters

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 05:05 PM

tx medic $40. Nice fish rick. I chase some of those in the summer . I have had a couple of 10+ They are fun but nothing like a 50+ blue. lol

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 05:41 PM

You have to really wanna a lake record to certify a 2 lb blue , I sure hope that was for a youth angler stir

A friend of mine bet me $100 that I couldn't get 6 lake records before the end of the year. I have certified scales in my boat every time I fish and I was fishing with him that day. So I made him witness it since it was number 6. Enjoy your framed lake record, Johnny. Come by my place some time and I'll show you my book since I'm out of wall space. popcorn

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 05:48 PM

What lakes , ill be sure and stop by and shake things up a bit ....blues only or flatheads ofcourse

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 06:14 PM

Wow , im pretty sure I found them all . 1 record for catfish and its 2 lbs roflmao think maybe you meant to talk some smack in the rough fish section offtopic

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 08:59 PM

Hey Drawout when you taking me out and getting me a lake record

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 09:18 PM

Randy we will go to lake of the pines soon , been texting you btw your phone broke ?

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 09:28 PM

972-310-8289 new number lost all contacts

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 09:30 PM

cool ill update my phone and shoot you a text

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 10:04 PM

cool ill update my phone and shoot you a text

You have my number why can't I get a text? cry

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 10:57 PM

Wow , im pretty sure I found them all . 1 record for catfish and its 2 lbs roflmao think maybe you meant to talk some smack in the rough fish section offtopic

TPWD doesn't always update the website. I count more than one so far this year.

Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 11:18 PM

I started to do that with my youngest son but he got bored with it. Maybe one of the grandkids will want to do it

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 11:26 PM

This weather thing towards the tournament time is getting more interesting. ?

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/10/14 11:55 PM

TPWD doesn't always update the website. I count more than one so far this year.

Just let me know the lakes that you hold the record for blue or flathead , trash fish do not count
Posted By: Creekside Sports Chandler Tx

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/14/14 03:24 PM

CREEKSIDE SPORTS LOCATED IN CHANDLER TX ON HWY 31 WEST OF THE RED LIGHT JUST BEFORE OLD EXXON STATION....WE HAVE PERCH, BLACK SALTYS, AND GOLD FISH!!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU THIS WEEKEND.... WHAT TIME IS THE WEIGH IN????

Re: Nttc November Tournament - 11/14/14 03:54 PM

Weigh-in starts at 2:30-2:45PM both days. Hope to see you out there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum