Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Buchanan

Posted By: NateD

Lake Buchanan - 11/21/12 07:43 PM

Anybody catching blues on Lake Buchanan? Going next weekend to start learning the lake. Hoping to land a big one this winter.
Posted By: Smoky

Re: Lake Buchanan - 11/21/12 07:54 PM

There are def some BIG fish in that lake! We did pretty good up the river but I doubt you can get up it now with water levels.... Good Luck!

Re: Lake Buchanan - 11/21/12 08:01 PM

Was out there 2 weekends ago on south side of lake. There was alot of fish 30-40ft deep. We tried drifting, but hung up several times and decided to try anchoring when the wind is not blowing 25mph.
Posted By: Smoky

Re: Lake Buchanan - 11/21/12 09:53 PM

Can you still launch a boat pretty easy?

Re: Lake Buchanan - 11/21/12 10:20 PM

I launch at Edgewater Resort southwest side of lake across from the dam. back down on granite gravel. Depending on size of boat might need 4 wheel drive to get out. I have 21ft deck boat and can get out 2 wheel no problem.
Posted By: snowyriver6

Re: Lake Buchanan - 11/22/12 02:31 AM

dont spin your wheels getting out or else you'll be walking up the hill to get the tractor
Posted By: Dipper

Re: Lake Buchanan - 11/22/12 03:16 PM

The report I got said there are 2 boat ramps open, one one the east side and one on the west side of the lake, but they are jacking their prices up because they are the only ramps open. 3rd option is to launch where nate did at Edgewater off a granite shelf for $5 and if you get stuck they have a tractor to pull you out. Nice people there I've heard.

Can't help you with a fishing report, haven't even seen the lake in over 3 years. Hopefully make it out there for the tourney in January. A lake that size is bound to yield some monster fish.

Re: Lake Buchanan - 11/23/12 02:31 PM

Thanks for the replies. I really like the forum. Everyone is very helpful. Hope to be some help in the future.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum