Texas Fishing Forum

Large weights for stump lines?

Posted By: Toledo

Large weights for stump lines? - 02/23/12 06:38 PM

Where can I find the cylinder shaped leads that are used for stumpline drops? They are about 4" long, 16oz with a large hole through the center for the larger line to run through.

Fishnet company doesnt have them but I know somebody out there is making them.

Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Large weights for stump lines? - 02/23/12 07:31 PM

Bottomdwellers.com has a lot of big weights

Posted By: Lga043

Re: Large weights for stump lines? - 02/23/12 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Toledo
Where can I find the cylinder shaped leads that are used for stumpline drops? They are about 4" long, 16oz with a large hole through the center for the larger line to run through.

Fishnet company doesnt have them but I know somebody out there is making them.

I think the ones you are talking about are the old window weights, they are probably hard to find anymore.

Posted By: William64

Re: Large weights for stump lines? - 02/23/12 10:41 PM

Use any hunk of metal.

Re: Large weights for stump lines? - 02/23/12 11:26 PM

These are shaped like a window weight but much smaller and the hole runs down the middle of them. They hang down the side of a stump with one hook per line and then store nicely in a 5 gallon bucket with the hook hanging from the top and the weight a foot or so down. Its basically a real big carloina rig.

Posted By: djdoubl3j

Re: Large weights for stump lines? - 02/24/12 02:40 AM

are you talking about them weights on the bottom of some castnets? Look here http://www.memphisnet.net/

Re: Large weights for stump lines? - 02/24/12 04:05 AM

They look just like cast net weights but a lot bigger. 4" long, 3/4"-1" across with a decent size hole through the center. They are really really nice. You can keep 15-20 fully rigged stump lines hanging in one five gallon bucket.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum