Texas Fishing Forum

Vance's Camp

Posted By: fish57

Vance's Camp - 10/08/09 03:12 PM

Does anyone know if Vance's Camp is still open? It's a pay to fish place located on the river behind the Eagle Mountain lake spillway.I haven't been by there in years.
Posted By: davekay

Re: Vance's Camp - 10/08/09 03:26 PM

it was a couple of years ago. my dad used to take me there when i was a kid.brings back good memories. it's on ten mile bridge road.
Posted By: MeatWad

Re: Vance's Camp - 10/08/09 03:31 PM

I wouldn't recommend going down there anymore. The place is very badly dilapidated and its the local for the shady folks. Dang sure wouldnt take my kids down there.
Posted By: Eric Starr

Re: Vance's Camp - 10/08/09 06:01 PM

Man i would stay away from there
Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER�

Re: Vance's Camp - 10/08/09 09:41 PM

It's still there. Take a big friend and a pistol and you'll be fine. You can see all different kinds of methods of catching fish from the Snagline to the gill and trammel net. Heck I bet if you catch it on the right day you could see somebody using the coil off their car to call up a few fish. In all seriousness I would'nt bother.
Posted By: fish57

Re: Vance's Camp - 10/09/09 03:30 PM

Thanks for the information, I don't think I will be going back there anymore. It sounds like that place took a nose dive.We used to go there when the old man ran it years ago,back then it wasn't too bad everyone took their kids there to fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum