Texas Fishing Forum

Stubblefield Lake north of Lake Conroe

Posted By: HankTX

Stubblefield Lake north of Lake Conroe - 03/14/09 10:21 PM

Does anyone know if it is worth goin out there?
Posted By: City Slicker

Re: Stubblefield Lake north of Lake Conroe - 03/15/09 07:04 PM

I would fish in the river instead of the lake.
Lots of crappie and cats in the river
Posted By: irfishyir2

Re: Stubblefield Lake north of Lake Conroe - 03/15/09 11:20 PM

The actual stubblefield lake doesnt offer too much unless you are on the bank and dont have any other recourse. If ya have a boat, get it in the river and either go north or south toward the lake. You will have better luck. You can walk the banks up the river. I've seen guys catching whites from the bank before.
Posted By: Capt'n Wings

Re: Stubblefield Lake north of Lake Conroe - 03/16/09 03:38 AM

Be careful up there. They got Cottonmouths that look like black Anacondas!
Posted By: mattsfishin

Re: Stubblefield Lake north of Lake Conroe - 03/16/09 04:36 AM

You can also fish off of the bridge. If you fish off of the bridge, try fishing in between the bridge and the walkway. You will see some I beams. Drop a minnow or jig down beside one of these.
Posted By: HankTX

Re: Stubblefield Lake north of Lake Conroe - 03/18/09 09:10 PM

Thanks for the advice fellas. I will let yall know the results
Posted By: Bonnie82

Re: Stubblefield Lake north of Lake Conroe - 03/23/09 06:15 PM

Can anyone tell me how to get to Stubblefield from Tomball? I've been out there once but forgot how to get out there.

Thanks

Posted By: Wilderness135

Re: Stubblefield Lake north of Lake Conroe - 04/12/09 02:37 AM

Caught 2 4+ pound largemouth in one of the fingers last August (2008).

Re: Stubblefield Lake north of Lake Conroe - 04/12/09 03:05 AM

Take 149 north thru Montgomery and go maybe 15 miles. You will turn right on 1375. Go about 5 miles and you will see a sign for Stubblefield lake area. Turn left. Follow it for a few miles and you will see it. On the north side of the bridge is a mud hole you can launch your boat. I launch an 18 ft Kenner there all the time. There are some really big snakes and I have caught some really nice LMB up there when the whites are running. We usually catch a 5 or 6 lb LMB during the white bass run. I caught a LMB that was just over 9 lbs up there 2 years ago. I always keep my digital scales with me just incase I catch something worth weighing.

Re: Stubblefield Lake north of Lake Conroe - 04/12/09 03:06 AM

I should have told you the milage is a guesstimate. I have been there so many times my boat knows the way.
Posted By: Bitmess

Re: Stubblefield Lake north of Lake Conroe - 05/15/09 07:35 PM

I went up there Saturday and Sunday 5-17 & 5-18. We didn't catch anything. We tried every kind of bait we had. We were in a Jon boat with trolling motor. Gar were everywhere. I think the gar ate all the other fish??
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum