Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni Blues question

Posted By: Kbjames

Tawakoni Blues question - 02/27/19 09:28 PM

Anybody catching them really shallow yet? I have a feeling they are up the Sabine and Caddo very shallow but was just curious if anyone has been catching them there yet. Thanks in advance
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Tawakoni Blues question - 02/28/19 01:28 AM

The shallow water bite tried to materialize but just hasn’t yet. I think u could catch a few up shallow but the masses aren’t there yet.
Posted By: Bobbycat

Re: Tawakoni Blues question - 02/28/19 05:26 AM

At Lake Livingston, I also do not see a lot of shad and cats in shallow water. I test almost every day my creek area.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Tawakoni Blues question - 02/28/19 02:25 PM

I generally throw my net in the cove behind the house at tawakoni in 5 FOW daily. With the recent warm days, lots of shad. Cold, almost none. I have drop lines off my dock and catching lately has been slow
Posted By: mike9582

Re: Tawakoni Blues question - 03/01/19 10:23 PM

This time of year it can vary daily. I have been catching fish deep, and shallow on the same day. A good rule of thumb is. If the air is warmer than the water start shallow, and work your way deeper as needed. If the air is cooler than the water start deeper, and work your was shallow. Good luck!
Posted By: Kbjames

Re: Tawakoni Blues question - 03/03/19 12:18 AM

I’ve used the temps with wind. Out of north and cooler then it pushes them back deep. Out of the south die a few days and warmer they go shallow. Was just curious if anyone has been fishing shallow yet. Hope to find out soon 👍🏼
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum