Texas Fishing Forum

Anybody fishing in the Rain this Weekend?

Posted By: BigPoppa007

Anybody fishing in the Rain this Weekend? - 08/11/18 08:30 PM

fish
Posted By: bigdaddybray

Re: Anybody fishing in the Rain this Weekend? - 08/12/18 01:02 AM

Only in my mind lol...i know the bite is on
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Anybody fishing in the Rain this Weekend? - 08/12/18 12:05 PM

Went looking shallow Friday morning with my buddy Kyle after the first round of storms. Started out scanning creekmouths and burned a couple of hours looking. Everything was scattered so we headed back south to look. Finally found a fishable group on a ridge in 27ft. Made one good drift and caught 10 dinks up to 5lbs. Tried to go back over them but the 20 mph wind kept shifting directions and blowing us off the ridge. We decided to lick our wounds and head on in. On the way back to the ramp I marked 2 good groups out deep. Best group of fish I marked were on 35 ft deep flat next to a 20ft hump mid lake.
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Anybody fishing in the Rain this Weekend? - 08/12/18 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: El Gato Azul
Went looking shallow Friday morning with my buddy Kyle after the first round of storms. Started out scanning creekmouths and burned a couple of hours looking. Everything was scattered so we headed back south to look. Finally found a fishable group on a ridge in 27ft. Made one good drift and caught 10 dinks up to 5lbs. Tried to go back over them but the 20 mph wind kept shifting directions and blowing us off the ridge. We decided to lick our wounds and head on in. On the way back to the ramp I marked 2 good groups out deep. Best group of fish I marked were on 35 ft deep flat next to a 20ft hump mid lake.

Now that's some good Recon work Sir!!!
Posted By: LittleBoatBigFish

Re: Anybody fishing in the Rain this Weekend? - 08/13/18 01:15 AM

I went Friday to Squaw Creek, caught 6.
Went today to Brazos river(north of granbury), caught 7. A Little rain doesn't scare me off the water.

Re: Anybody fishing in the Rain this Weekend? - 08/13/18 01:53 AM

I hit Grapevine last nite about 9 pm bankfishing for Carp but caught a Dozen 1-3 lb channels and No Carp. Some Big Gar spalshing around but I didn't have anything with me to rig up for Gar......
Posted By: bigdaddybray

Re: Anybody fishing in the Rain this Weekend? - 08/13/18 05:11 AM

What side of the lake are ya fishing big poppa...i am 2 miles from dove ramp

Re: Anybody fishing in the Rain this Weekend? - 08/13/18 07:28 AM

Originally Posted By: bigdaddybray
What side of the lake are ya fishing big poppa...i am 2 miles from dove ramp

If I'm bank fishing its in and around Oak Grove Park. If boat I launch at Dove Loop/ Dove Ramp whatever it's called - by the Softball fields. I was at the ramp by the soccer fields Sat nite so I could be close to the car if Rain started up.....I was wanting to try for carp out front of Scotts Landing but was too Muddy to have the car close by.......
Posted By: WillieRip

Re: Anybody fishing in the Rain this Weekend? - 08/13/18 12:35 PM

Na, but I'm about to head out now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum