Texas Fishing Forum

Spined in the Achilles

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Spined in the Achilles - 08/04/18 08:24 PM

Fished this morning and started off taking a beating. Dropped my net on a bluecat nursery and spent 30 minutes popn spines and clearing net. Next throw hit 4 big buffalo and a bunch of Shad. Kicked the net to get em down on the lower deck and didnt see a little 10 bluecat that was mixed in. Took a real nasty spine deep to the Achilles. hammer bang I been spined many times over the years and most arent too bad. The worst ones are when they hit bone or tendon. They seem to take forever heal. This spine went deep and feels like it grazed the dang tendon. On a good note I destroyed the boxfish once I found em. Ended up with just under 50. texas
Posted By: DEWAYNE BULLARD

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/04/18 08:39 PM

Dang that is going to be sore.
Congrats on the good catch
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/04/18 11:13 PM

Ouch! Last spine I got took pliers to yank out! Was about to head to hospital! Glad you got it out and better yet, caught fish thumb
Posted By: Sumfish

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/05/18 12:03 AM

My old fishing buddy that passed away last year had a 2 pound channel cat stuck in his thigh to the hilt. He drove all the way from Lake Granbury to the VA in Dallas to get it out. He said they were confounded as to what to do when he walked through the door with a catfish flopping attached to him. He should asked the doctor to fillet it for him. Hey Gato glad you got it out without a trip to the doctor and caught a mess.
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/05/18 03:45 PM

Man That pain is no Bueno Gato!!!....I had to go to a hand surgeon to get a spine out once....Hope it heals up with no problems grin
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/06/18 01:36 PM

At least you caught a mess of fish.

I've been spined many times as well, only one was bad. A bullhead got me in the hand so bad that the whole fish was just hanging off my hand from the spine. It hit bone and was actually pretty hard to pull out cause it was in so deep. And yeah, takes forever to heal!!!
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/06/18 02:17 PM

Ouch. The good news is that is wasn't a hardhead.

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/06/18 03:00 PM

Thanks amigos! The puncture wound swole up and drained for a day. Feels good this morning though and I think it barely scratched the tendon. Im ready to fish these storms headed our way!!! texas
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/06/18 06:07 PM

Keep neosporin on it Chris!!!! Dont let it get infected!!!!!!!

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/06/18 07:10 PM

Now... Check out these spines!!!!! LOL!!!!!!! They just come off a little ole stingray... roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao eek2

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/07/18 02:15 AM

Saw your Video Snarrffff!!...I loved it Buddy!!!!! banana Your little boy is so dang cute picking up the shrimp like Dad!! thumb !!!
Posted By: Robby E

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/07/18 02:17 AM

I saw you out there saturday. I thought that red wakeboard boat was going to take you out.

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/07/18 02:34 AM

That was you ?? I didnt recognize your boat. Holy smokes that dude got close!!!! Lmao!!!!That dude was going 50mph and came within 25ft of my boat. He never even looked at me and never looked back!! I couldnt help but laugh at just how stupid people are... slinger

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/07/18 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

I spit some Copenhagen on it and drank some whisky...good as new! cheers cowboy texas

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/07/18 12:27 PM

Yup Gato been runnin' into a few of those on the Southside too...Got a video coming..LOL...But in this one I think I pretty much asked for it bang
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/07/18 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishin' Nut
Ouch. The good news is that is wasn't a hardhead.
+10000

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/08/18 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: serj5150
Saw your Video Snarrffff!!...I loved it Buddy!!!!! banana Your little boy is so dang cute picking up the shrimp like Dad!! thumb !!!

Thanks Serj!!!!!!!!! smile smile smile cheers cheers cheers flag

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/08/18 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by El Gato Azul
Originally Posted by OPTIMUS PRIME

I spit some Copenhagen on it and drank some whisky...good as new! cheers cowboy texas

roflmao roflmao roflmao cheers Thats the spirit!!!!!!! smile. Im having to doctor up myself today!!!!! Advil, neosporin and Im so sunburned I cant hardly move!!! Im having to cover myself in aloe vera 3 times a day!!! LOL!!!!!!! cheers

Re: Spined in the Achilles - 08/09/18 12:34 AM

Well at least I ain't the only one that's feelin' miserable...LOL!!!...Dang lower back is hurting and haven't slept mad
Wife says I'm a grumpy bear..ha!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum