Texas Fishing Forum

Big Catfish help

Posted By: Steven Strong

Big Catfish help - 05/28/18 04:06 PM

I am located on the Tx side of Lake Texoma and I am wanting to catch some really big cats I have to fish from the bank where would I go to find big blues on the bank I will be catching live shad for bait please help.
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Big Catfish help - 05/29/18 10:03 PM

I'd start by looking up some of the old catfishermen in that area and ask them for advice.
Posted By: City Slicker

Re: Big Catfish help - 05/30/18 12:51 AM

Perch (live) would be good if not better than shad for larger blues
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Big Catfish help - 05/30/18 04:26 AM

Going to be hard to find big blues right now, that’s more of a winter thing, you’re probably better off chasing flatheads
Posted By: G Love

Re: Big Catfish help - 05/31/18 02:54 PM

Windblown points close to deep water, I would think is a good place to start. Probably at night right now.. Take a look at a lake map or use navionics web app. A 121 was caught from shore there. So, it's doable.

I might be mistaken, but if you fish Texoma I think you have to have an OK fishing license.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Big Catfish help - 06/02/18 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: G Love
Windblown points close to deep water, I would think is a good place to start. Probably at night right now.. Take a look at a lake map or use navionics web app. A 121 was caught from shore there. So, it's doable.

I might be mistaken, but if you fish Texoma I think you have to have an OK fishing license.
you are mistaken, an Oklahoma & Texas license (or just a Texoma license) are only required if you are out on the lake. If you’re on the Texas bank you’re ok with just a tx license
Posted By: Awsomepossum

Re: Big Catfish help - 06/03/18 01:04 AM

I've heard that below the Denison dam is pretty good.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum