Texas Fishing Forum

Punch Bait

Posted By: Flags

Punch Bait - 04/09/18 08:50 PM

I am going to be taking 35 NJROTC cadets on a leadership camp out this weekend and the place we are going has a lake with a lot of cats in it. I want to get the kids into some and since keeping fresh bait will be a pain I'm leaning towards punch bait. Problem is I haven't used any in a long time and need to pick some up. Can anyone give me the gouge on any of the easily found baits in places like Academy sports or Walmart? I don't want to special order any and want to just pick up some bait the kids have a good chance of getting some fish on.

Chief
Posted By: channeldiver

Re: Punch Bait - 04/09/18 08:59 PM

go to Academy and get you a couple large buckets of CJ's Monster bait, some #6 treble hooks, some weights, some swivels and have fun. you will also need some type of stick for punching the bait onto the hook.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Punch Bait - 04/09/18 10:23 PM

PM sent
Posted By: Catfanman

Re: Punch Bait - 04/10/18 12:05 PM

Go to Walmart or academy and get you some Danny kings punch bait.
Posted By: KQT

Re: Punch Bait - 04/10/18 10:22 PM

CJs crawfish is very good in most small lakes. Invest in some range cubes the highest protein level and just throw them out before you fish and the kids will have a ball. Worms work too.
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Punch Bait - 04/10/18 10:55 PM

Where are u going fishing at ,
Posted By: rdmac

Re: Punch Bait - 04/10/18 11:59 PM

Stubbys or Danny Kings work great!
Posted By: Flags

Re: Punch Bait - 04/11/18 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By: stubby77
Where are u going fishing at ,

Sky Ranch in Van, TX. It has a 90 acre private lake. Don't know if I am allowed to chum it so I'm looking at putting bait out and getting the kids on some eating size channel cats. Want to teach them how to take them from the lake to the table. Most of them are city kids and have never done anything like that.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Punch Bait - 04/11/18 04:38 PM

Tractor Supply should have range cubes on the shelf.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum