Texas Fishing Forum

Awesome evening on Eagle Mountain.

Posted By: Sandog

Awesome evening on Eagle Mountain. - 04/05/18 03:51 PM

I finally got back out there to focus on catching some blues. Got started fishing at 4 and fished until dark. My friend and I caught 27 blues with the 4 biggest being 8, 13, 20, and 35 pounds.

I only fished shallow water flats and had to move 3 times due to fish being on the move. Wind was key and I was finding fish in pockets where the wind was blowing into. Spent a lot of time searching with sidescan until I found good groups of fish. All the fish were caught in 8 foot or less, with most coming out of less than 4 ft.

We caught the 20 and 35 pounder back to back and were able to get a nice pic. That was some fun!

All the fish were released to get bigger : )

Posted By: Dothead

Re: Awesome evening on Eagle Mountain. - 04/05/18 07:53 PM

clap nice!
Posted By: oakpointaggie

Re: Awesome evening on Eagle Mountain. - 04/06/18 01:35 AM

NICE!
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Awesome evening on Eagle Mountain. - 04/06/18 05:25 AM

cheers
Posted By: manuelcast

Re: Awesome evening on Eagle Mountain. - 04/08/18 01:35 AM

Hi i would like to take a cat fishing trip with you to learn the lake
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Awesome evening on Eagle Mountain. - 04/09/18 04:33 AM

Nice fish. thumb
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Awesome evening on Eagle Mountain. - 04/09/18 06:16 AM

Awesome!
Posted By: G Love

Re: Awesome evening on Eagle Mountain. - 04/09/18 02:08 PM

35 is a good fish for EM. Nice cheers
Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER�

Re: Awesome evening on Eagle Mountain. - 04/09/18 07:10 PM

Wtg Steve.
Posted By: Sandog

Re: Awesome evening on Eagle Mountain. - 04/09/18 07:49 PM

I'd be glad to help you. Best advice I can give you is search a lot with your electronics, fish a little, move if you are not getting bites. I have literally fished from as far as I could go up the river, and then all the way to the dam in one day trying different things before finding some fish. I don't have any magic spots or honey holes. I had to move three times in about 3 hours to produce the fish pictured in the post.

I believe in the following. Fresh bait works best, trust the electronics, fish the wind, and if you're not catching fish do something different.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum