Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Grapevine

Posted By: Gann434

Lake Grapevine - 03/11/18 03:46 PM

Anybody having an luck on Lake Grapevine yet? I don't have a boat so Ill be fishing from the bank. Thinking about going either today or tomorrow. Any info is greatly appreciated
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Lake Grapevine - 03/11/18 05:21 PM

It’s been quiet on the bank at Scott’s Landing marina. Was trying for cats and bluegills (perch, brim, etc.).
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Lake Grapevine - 03/12/18 09:19 PM

Buttttttttt ton of cats in the creeks right now. TON.....

Eric
Posted By: Tenntex

Re: Lake Grapevine - 03/16/18 02:33 PM

They were in the creek 2 weeks ago. I plan on finding out if they are still there tomorrow morning.
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Lake Grapevine - 03/16/18 03:07 PM

I'm catching fish shallow on Ray Hubbard. I would think you can get them shallow on Grapevine as well. I haven't been since last year but I have had a lot of luck in the past on the south west end of grapevine. It's very shallow so you may have to wade out to cast far enough. Take White Chapel Blvd all the way north until it dead ends into a trail head, then its a semi-short walk to the water.
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Lake Grapevine - 03/16/18 06:23 PM

All the bait is 20+ feet. I didn't have a taped net and only could get two shad.
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Lake Grapevine - 03/16/18 06:23 PM

Water is still cold at 53F.
Posted By: Jonatan

Re: Lake Grapevine - 04/01/18 01:43 AM

Went out by Catfish Ln by the boat houses fishing with cut shad, and not a bite.
Continually getting skunked out there. I just want to get on some fish.
Posted By: Treadlightly2

Re: Lake Grapevine - 04/01/18 05:10 AM

Going to launch the kayak at Trophy Club in the morning and drift to the main lake. I'll report back.

Sorry to report a total washout on the catfish at Trophy Club. Another rain storm will change that though I'm sure because I caught 5 there right after the last deluge, Blues, Channels, and Flatheads. From the bank on fresh shad.
Posted By: Treadlightly2

Re: Lake Grapevine - 04/02/18 02:47 PM

T
Posted By: Gann434

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/05/18 03:20 AM

Anybody heard anything lately? Looking at going early next week
Posted By: wharf_rat_01

Re: Lake Grapevine - 05/07/18 02:48 PM

I took my kayak down Denton Creek (launched from Trophy Club Park) and paddled down to the main lake yesterday. The creek was full of shad, I caught some with my castnet and set 6 jug lines out. I ended up catching 2 channel catfishes, probably could have caught more but I was only out for 3 hours.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum