Texas Fishing Forum

Need a guide ASAP

Posted By: spazm09

Need a guide ASAP - 01/05/18 03:56 PM

We hade a trip scheduled for tomorrow morning on Tawakoni and less than 24 hours before the trip our guide cancelled. (Bad business in my opinion)

Looking for a new guide for tomorrow morning on either Lewisville, Ray Hubbard, Ray Roberts, Lavon, Tawakoni or Texoma. We have a total of 6 adults but can cut that number down to 4 if there are limited spots on the boat.

I know it's short notice but the cancellation was out of my control.

Who wants to make some money?!?!?
Posted By: mike9582

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/05/18 04:05 PM

Pm sent
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/05/18 04:30 PM

Man...I hate to hear this. We are full tomorrow or we would surely take ya. I’ve made a couple of calls to see if anyone I know can take ya.

If u get it booked, please let us know here! thumb

In the last three months we have probably had five or six different groups give us a call last minute because a Twok guide canceled the trip and the last 8–12 hours
Posted By: Jacky Wiggins

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/05/18 04:40 PM

I have a guide that could take a group of 4 tomorrow on Lewisville.
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/05/18 04:44 PM

This was my trip and in my defense I came down with the flu yesterday. I've had to cancel the past two days, and that's something I've never had to do.
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/05/18 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Taylor
This was my trip and in my defense I came down with the flu yesterday. I've had to cancel the past two days, and that's something I've never had to do.

Get better man!!! Praying for a quick recovery! thumb
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/05/18 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Get better soon, that Flu is bad juju. barf
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/05/18 05:51 PM

I appreciate it guys.

Spaz I hope y’all are able to find a guide to take you out. Sorry about the bad business.
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/05/18 05:53 PM

Props to you for manning up on a public forum Andrew Taylor. Hope you get to feeling better
Posted By: Sirjet

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/05/18 06:03 PM

I agree with Littlewheel. Way to man up publicly. I hope this didn't hurt future relationships. Some things are out of your control.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/05/18 08:28 PM

Cancelling a trip to prevent 6 people from catching the flu sounds like a great business plan to me. Way too many handshakes and high fives during Andrew's epic fishing trips.
Posted By: CatMannDu

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/05/18 08:51 PM

Go with Mike9582 (Houston Guide Service) if he has an opening. You will not regret it.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/05/18 11:14 PM

I know I would be happy if guide cancelled on me if he had the flu. I have been trying to avoid all the sick people since 1st of December. Get well soon Andrew.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/06/18 03:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Jacky Wiggins
I have a guide that could take a group of 4 tomorrow on Lewisville.

If Jacky has a guy available I would go with him!

Good luck.

And I certainly understand that the guide canceled if he has flu. It's been going around pretty bad lately here in North Texas.
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/06/18 04:00 PM

I just had Sunday come available on twok
Posted By: Smoky

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/06/18 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish
I just had Sunday come available on twok

But wait...arent you supposed to get on a public forum and bash em for backing out of the trip? hmmm
Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/06/18 09:30 PM

Follow up? Did you get to go out?
Posted By: Lakeguide

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/07/18 09:47 PM

I fished with Andrew the day he cancelled on you. He was cold and sniffling. Said he was sick. So I can testify he wasn't lying about it.

What's bad business is not having compassion for someone. As a full time guide for over 20 years, it's go n to happen. Your boat will eventually have a problem. Or you just might have to cancel because the Wind is high and he won't risk safety or the toil on his investment.

Trust me, we all want your money. We don't get PTO, vacation or holiday pay. At least he didn't take your money and send you out with a rookie or a part timer. He did the right thing
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/07/18 11:25 PM

Check with Jackie Kennedy on cedar Creek he been on them
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/09/18 03:37 PM

Cant blame a guy for calling the game due to flu besides i really wouldn't want to fish with someone who has the flu just for personal preservation woot and i understand the group being disappointed also....no need in 7 people going to the doctor ,,missing work...spreading it to their family....more medicine...etc.......

Get better Andrew and way to expalin yourself openly flag
Posted By: G Love

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/09/18 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
Cancelling a trip to prevent 6 people from catching the flu sounds like a great business plan to me.

This. I hope the OP didn't know the full story when he bashed Andrew.
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Need a guide ASAP - 01/12/18 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: G Love
Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
Cancelling a trip to prevent 6 people from catching the flu sounds like a great business plan to me.

This. I hope the OP didn't know the full story when he bashed Andrew.

To be fair here, I did not know it was the flu and I did not use his name or the name of his guide service in the OP. To Andrew's credit, he did warn me the day before that he wasn't feeling well, he just never mentioned it was the flu.

I apologize for my comment.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum