Maybe with this Big Cat Winch bad boy?
Posted By: Blues

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/03/18 10:03 PM

I'd use my net but it's a cool winch.

Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/03/18 10:06 PM

Posted By: erittmueller

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/03/18 10:48 PM

When we went to Sitka Alaska, the rule of thumb was anything over 50lbs gets shot in the head with the 4/10 short barrel. We used all the shells....
Not a bad idea for a monster cat!

Eric

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/03/18 11:07 PM

Shoot a 150 on my boat and you're getting wet, I might let you hold on to the rail while I tow you to the ramp, but probably not.
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/04/18 12:29 AM

Louisiana utility vessel. They have a winch for all purposes! I like Tommy's answer though! "Hold that gunwale, I'm getting on top"!
thumb
Posted By: PlanoJames

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/04/18 01:30 AM

Most likely with a huge smile on my face.
Posted By: serj5150

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/04/18 11:37 AM

This reminds me of the old man and the sea where he tied it to the side of the boat and was trying to drag him in.
Posted By: South Florida transplant

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/04/18 03:04 PM

It would be a fight but he would be in the boat for CPR for him and me.....
Posted By: WillieRip

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/04/18 04:25 PM

I wouldn't I'd let him go. A fish that big shouldn't be taken out of water. It's bone structure isn't designed to withstand the pull body weight against gravity.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/04/18 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: WillieRip
I wouldn't I'd let him go. A fish that big shouldn't be taken out of water. It's bone structure isn't designed to withstand the pull body weight against gravity.

Yeah, unless I was trying to get it weighed for a new world record, I'd let it loose without taking it out of the water. Trying to figure out how one would arrange a live weigh of a catfish that big ...

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/04/18 04:53 PM

That's why big fish should be weighed in a sling or left in the net, so they are supported. I get what you're saying but big fish can be handled with the fish's safety in mind.
Posted By: serj5150

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/04/18 05:38 PM

I wonder how the 150 pound catfish's internal organs would hold up? Maybe a sling used for dolphins or something like that? noidea
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/04/18 09:37 PM

Most people dont have scales that would go 150 scared much less weigh him accurate without harm....but we all know he would end up getting drug around in a truck bed & hacked up for dinner # Brown Town...LOL
Posted By: WillieRip

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/04/18 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Blues
That's why big fish should be weighed in a sling or left in the net, so they are supported. I get what you're saying but big fish can be handled with the fish's
safety in mind.

That sounds great, but how many fishermen are going to do hat? What can be done and what is being done are two different things. Big Sam is exactly right.
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/05/18 02:35 AM

Weighing in the net is by far the best way to go for the fish if you are trying to get a ball park weight on a heavier Fish. We do that with all our fish tha look 60lbs and up
Posted By: clk

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/05/18 03:40 AM

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/05/18 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Blues
That's why big fish should be weighed in a sling or left in the net, so they are supported. I get what you're saying but big fish can be handled with the fish's
safety in mind.

That sounds great, but how many fishermen are going to do hat? What can be done and what is being done are two different things. Big Sam is exactly right.

I can assure you on my boat he'd be weighed and returned quickly, unless I'm in a tourney. Can't control what others do. No pick up rides or hacked up, I weigh them and let them go where I catch them. American Weigh Scales and a few other places sell scales that go up to 150+ and they are certifiable.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/07/18 12:18 AM

Is that Shelby Stanga's boat? Looks like something he might have for fishing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmG28-7uqj4
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/08/18 11:37 PM

LOL!!!
Posted By: WhiskerFisher

Re: How would you land a 150#er? - 01/11/18 10:14 PM

Lol, if I landed a catfish that big, it would either snap my line, or my rod, and then probably pull the remainders of my pole and reel into the water back with it, never to be seen again. :P
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum