Texas Fishing Forum

Sonar help: small catfish vs white bass

Posted By: RespectTheFish

Sonar help: small catfish vs white bass - 11/30/17 11:50 PM

Hey guys! I made a video the other day after a thread arose trying to interpret sonar for white bass vs small catfish. I made a short and to the point video to help others have more successful trips rather they are trying to catch catfish or catch white bass this Fall by showing several recent screenshots from my Humminbird unit. They seem to hang out in similar areas this time of year and properly identifying what you are seeing is key to having a good trip or a frustrating day on the water.

Hope it helps if anyone is having some bad trips for either species.

Posted By: MikeSwain48

Re: Sonar help: small catfish vs white bass - 12/01/17 03:00 AM

Good video

Re: Sonar help: small catfish vs white bass - 12/02/17 12:19 AM

Thanks! I appreciate that and hope it helps put more fish on the end of people's lines.
Posted By: TexMann1

Re: Sonar help: small catfish vs white bass - 12/02/17 01:16 AM

Gonna give your suggestions a try Sunday morning! Thanks for posting!

Re: Sonar help: small catfish vs white bass - 12/02/17 02:57 AM

I hope you have a good trip! It took me a while figure out what I'm looking at and I'm still learning. Once I started realizing the difference it was incredible the confidence difference and the improved fishing experience I began having! The other day I was driving around seeing tons of catfish then came across some good schools of whites, immediately dropped my slab down and caught white bass! Or if I felt like throwing some jug lines out it would consistently start catching eater size catfish from the school seen on some of those screenshots.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum