Texas Fishing Forum

LFA version of Major League Fishing next tourn is 8/11 and results from 7/14

Posted By: Bruce Allen

LFA version of Major League Fishing next tourn is 8/11 and results from 7/14 - 07/18/16 11:55 PM

Hard Core (Major league Fishing format) is pretty cool getting to count every fish you catch.

So for us to do Major League Fishing we need two in the boat. We already have that setup with boaters and co-anglers. So next we set it up so the boaters are fishing against the boaters and the co-anglers are fishing against the co-anglers. Both are checking the others fish length before releasing and recording them.

So the boater winner first place is Bob Roberts again with an astounding 25 fish weighing in 21.89. I figure it takes about 14 10" bass to catch enough weight to get you to round 2 (semifinals). I was away for this event and didn't hear what all the fish were caught on but I'd bet someone might mention a little rat-l-trap and a c-rig.

Second place went to Galen Smith with 15 bass for 15.45.
Third place boater is Jack White with 5 bass for 7.01 with the 5.01 lunker.

First place Co-angler went to John Markos with 11 bass for 8.02.
Second place Co-angler went to Mac McDaniel with 4 bass for 6.27.
Third place co-angler went to Charlie Abresch with 3 bass for 4.64.

Three more members qualified for the semi-finals bringing the total to 12. We still have 2 tournaments left to qualify outright for the November round 2.

For info in fishing this tournament and others put on by the Lake Fork Anglers contact me at sjbasser@aol.com or PM me on here. We have openings for both boaters and co-anglers right now. This is a club that fishes only on Thursday daytime. We do not hold open tournaments. But dues is $5 a year.

In addition to this format that we call "Hard Core" we also fish our regular every other Thursday tournament all at Lake Fork on a draw style fishing. All of our tournament "paper" the bass and slot fish count.

If you are as "Hard Core" as some of us you can fish every Thursday like we do. And some Fridays too. And then Opens on the weekend.

Hey we are seniors and we are supposed to be doing something to keep us healthy and our minds sharp and get some vitamin D. LOL At least that is what you need to tell your wife.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: LFA version of Major League Fishing next tourn is 8/11 and results from 7/14 - 07/28/16 02:41 PM

Very cool way to do it- all sizes matter!! And on a Thursday so a lot less pressure.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: LFA version of Major League Fishing next tourn is 8/11 and results from 7/14 - 07/28/16 11:38 PM

thanks Rudy
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum