Texas Fishing Forum

Puncuated by 2 overs LFA F-4 Team Tourn Results for 6.7.8

Posted By: Bruce Allen

Puncuated by 2 overs LFA F-4 Team Tourn Results for 6.7.8 - 06/07/18 10:15 PM

LFA fishes a team competition once a month. All of our tournaments, on the other Thursdays daytime during the month are draw. Members are always fishing with someone new thereby getting the opportunity to learn many techniques, baits, and places. We are are not capped and are always looking for new members to join our other 50+ mostly seniors.

Each team counts their best 10 fish caught between them. Of course all of the fish caught are measured on a Chek it Stik, recorded and then released. No fish are retained unless someone were to catch a SAL which has never happened.

While members catch a fair share of Lake Fork overs, that is fish over 24", most of the bass are of normal size. For us everything 10" and over counts. Some days a little bass is what saves your day.

BUT TODAY MEMBERS CAUGHT AND RELEASED 2 OVERS. Both fish were caught in less than 4'. Today the water temps was mid 80's with a stiff SSE wind.
The weird thing about the 2 overs is that it seems to happen often with us. Rarely is only one over caught. When we started 5 years ago an over hardly ever happened. Although I do remember when our TD caught 2 in one day.

John Berech and John Markos were first with 22.30 LB on 10 bass anchored by Markos 26" 9.75 lb. LUNKER..
Jack White and Mark Talley were second with 22.22 LB on 9 bass anchored by Jack's lunker of 5.71 lb.
Charlie Abresch and John Dearmore were third with 16.59 LB on 4 bass anchored by John's 24 1/2" 9.16 lb lunker
Don Overstreet and Shane Arnold were fourth with 14.53 on 9 bass anchored by Don's 2.13 LB. lunker
Galen Smith and Charlie Arnold came in fifth with 12.51 on 8 bass anchored by Galen's 3.46 lb. lunker.

LFA Members must fish 8 regular tournaments during the year in order to qualify for the Team Championship, and the Major League Fishing Championship.

For info on joining the Lake Fork Anglers PM me on here or e-mail me at Sjbasser@aol.com.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum