Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Anglers F-4 Team 2 Day Championship REsults for Dec 7-8

Posted By: Bruce Allen

Lake Fork Anglers F-4 Team 2 Day Championship REsults for Dec 7-8 - 12/09/17 05:13 PM

Was it cold or was it cold? Thursday was only down to 38 but we endured a very stiff northerly wind and lots of clouds. However for Dennis and I we had pretty good fish in Birch Creek which we mainly caught on C- rigs, T-rigs and the lunker for the tournament came on a square bill.

Friday was worse. While the winds were lighter the starting temps were about 27 and it took quite a while to warm up even with the sun shinning.

The Lake Fork Anglers fish every Thursday throughout the year fishing three different formats. A two times a month points race. A once a month Major League Fishing type format where every fish you catch counts, and a team competition. All three are draws where you fish with different anglers and all three are paper. WE just don't require anything further that catching, measuring, recording and releasing the bass. Pictures are allowed. Slot fish count.

Thursday results:

First place team of Dennis Bubinas and Bruce Allen ended with 10 fish for 15.54 and the 5.08 lunker.
Second place went to Jack White and Randy Steel with 10 bass for 15.40
Third place went to Galen Smith and Don Cox with 10 bass for 11.80
Fourth place went to Mike McWhorter and Gene Shoemaker with 7 bass for 7.76

Friday and final Results:
First place went to Mike McWhorter and Gene Shoemaker with 10 bass for 18.92 with both catching the 3.02 lunkers Total Weight 26.68 #
Second place went to Jack White and Randy Steel with 10 bass for 10.84 with a Total weight of 26.27 #
Third place went to Galen Smith and Don Cox with 10 bass for 10.05 with a Total weight of 21.85 #
Fourth place went to Charlie Abresch and John Markos with 10 bass for 16.43 and Total weight of 20.22 #
Fifth place overall went to Dennis Bubinas and Bruce Allen who managed to skunk on day two for a Total weight of 15.54 #
Oh Well!

For information on fishing with the LFA contact me at Sjbasser@aol.com or PM me on here with your e-mail address.
Dues is $5 a year and tournaments are $15.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum