Texas Fishing Forum

I need some bait painting done

Posted By: DevinJoe

I need some bait painting done - 07/05/17 03:10 AM

Got some glide baits on the way. Anybody willing to paint em. If yes please send me price and pics of your work. Thank you

Re: I need some bait painting done - 07/06/17 04:21 AM

Anyone?? I got cash money. Or if anyone has a link to someone that does this please let me know
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: I need some bait painting done - 07/13/17 12:41 PM

BCCL
BoisdArc Creek Custom Painted Lures

Re: I need some bait painting done - 07/14/17 04:29 AM

Thank you sir. As soon as I get the baits I'm gonna call ya

Re: I need some bait painting done - 07/23/17 01:02 AM

PM'd you with turnaround and prices. Appreciate your interest.

Re: I need some bait painting done - 08/04/17 01:06 PM

BCCL

Re: I need some bait painting done - 08/09/17 07:02 PM

Strike King 8.0 squarebills in BCCL's baby barfish and white crappie patterns
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: I need some bait painting done - 08/09/17 08:19 PM

Nice work Bois.

Re: I need some bait painting done - 08/23/17 08:59 PM

Large swim baits being painted for a customer. No eyes or clear coat just paint...

Bois'dArc Creek Custom Lures

Re: I need some bait painting done - 08/26/17 05:00 PM

Another pattern being tested this summer....not sure what to call it? Its based on a summertime shads coloration and has been pretty danged effective on several area lakes. The pattern has the pearl blue sheen which is a natural tone almost always observed on shad. From mid summer to just before fall shad seem to have that pearly bluish sheen more than at any other time of year.

BCCL

Re: I need some bait painting done - 09/01/17 10:28 PM

First attempt at painting swim baits:

Really enjoyed painting these glide baits. Think I'm going to add them to the list of unpainted blanks and patterns for resale.
Decided to offer several color options for the interchangeable tail fins. Probably will fit them with 3/0 VMC EWG hooks in black nickel.

Bois d'Arc Creek Custom Lures
BCCL
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: I need some bait painting done - 09/01/17 11:03 PM

The factory bodies use size 1 I usually build them with 1/0

Re: I need some bait painting done - 09/02/17 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad
The factory bodies use size 1 I usually build them with 1/0

My bad...thinking backward.

Size Matters. How It’s Measured In Fish Hooks.
Fishing hook sizes follow a strange numbering convention that is actually quite simple once you understand it. Basically, the numbering system divides the small and large hooks. In theory, size “0” would be in the middle – but I’ve never seen a hook designated as Size “0”.

Hooks that are smaller than the nominal size 0 are given a number. The higher the number, the smaller the actual hook. So a size 6 hook is 4 sizes smaller than a size 2….. and they go down to around size 32. Make sense?

At the other end of the scale, hooks that are bigger than “Size 0” get given a “/0” label…… and the higher the number the larger the hook. So 4/0 is two sizes bigger than 2/0. And they go right up to 20/0.

Once you get the hang of it, the sizing convention makes perfect sense – except for one thing. There’s no agreed standard between manufacturers. So a size 2 hook in one brand could be significantly bigger or smaller than the same size in a different brand.

re: Greg Vinall
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: I need some bait painting done - 09/02/17 12:16 PM

Just a suggestion Dr. Bois I have tried the bait with 2/0 and 3/0 and it's just overkill imo also the added weight of the bigger hooks affected the action of the bait.

Re: I need some bait painting done - 09/05/17 03:02 PM

Bois d'Arc Creek Custom Lures
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum