Texas Fishing Forum

Starter Airbrush

Posted By: Craig K

Starter Airbrush - 11/16/16 05:25 PM

Hey guys. I have been making my own jigs, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits and chatterbaits for several years and want to get into painting hardbaits. I have searched tff and looked at other forums but can't seem to get the advice I'm looking for. I have read that the Paasche and Iwata make great products but they have tons of different guns. Kinda overwhelming.
So, if you had $150 to spend on an airbrush what would you get? I could spend a little more if need be.
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: Starter Airbrush - 11/16/16 07:57 PM

I started with a borrowed badger brush. The only air hose I had for it was for canned air. I bought a neo iwata and a small air compressor (for airbrushing). I like both of them still for certain tasks. I bought a harden steenbeck that is my goto brush. It's a little higher than your price range, but not by a lot--depending on what options you choose. Lots of people on here use iwata brushes. If you just aren't sure what you want to do or even if you will like painting baits, the neo iwata is a good choice. You can get them at Hobby Lobby for 40% off.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Starter Airbrush - 11/16/16 09:23 PM

Iwata hp-ch just a little more than 150 if you shop around. I got mine off amazon, I have 7 other airbrushes from several different manufacters and none is close to the hp-ch
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Starter Airbrush - 11/17/16 02:18 PM

Iwata Revolution CR sells for under $100. For users at all levels, top-of-the-line airbrush. It has an ergonomic handle design. Has a .5mm tip for detail to 1-1/2" spray pattern, also makes for easier spraying of thicker material. Simple design is easy to clean. Perfect for general use, as well as lure painting.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum