Texas Fishing Forum

Best WakeBait Blanks??

Posted By: Bois d'arc

Best WakeBait Blanks?? - 08/28/16 02:33 PM

Lots of vendors out there selling unpainted blanks. Which one, in your opinion, sells the best wakebait blank? Why do you think its the best one available?
Posted By: basscat dad

Re: Best WakeBait Blanks?? - 08/28/16 04:27 PM

hi bois! hands down "get bit custom painted baits". never had a flawed blank, no leaks, run true. and they're on sale right now for $2. if you want to check them out lets get together at the fil-a and i'll bring some with me. i've got a bunch. also have some with metal bills instead of the wafer board. rick

Posted By: crankn101

Re: Best WakeBait Blanks?? - 08/28/16 05:35 PM

Thanks man, you just cost me $96...

Re: Best WakeBait Blanks?? - 08/28/16 06:53 PM

sorry c101, but a small price to pay for all the joy they'll bring! glad i could help! wait a minute...you bought 48 of those little guys???! dude you are wake bait serious! remember to post some pics of the work.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Best WakeBait Blanks?? - 08/28/16 08:28 PM

getbit for me too

Posted By: wackEmaster

Re: Best WakeBait Blanks?? - 08/29/16 12:01 AM

Those look good!!!
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Best WakeBait Blanks?? - 08/29/16 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: basscat dad
sorry c101, but a small price to pay for all the joy they'll bring! glad i could help! wait a minute...you bought 48 of those little guys???! dude you are wake bait serious! remember to post some pics of the work.

I only bought 16 of the wakes but thought since I was ordering I might as well pick up a few more. I remember when those wakes got popular a number of years ago they became rare as hens teeth.
Posted By: Rocket Surgeon

Re: Best WakeBait Blanks?? - 08/29/16 08:17 PM

Those look GREAT, guys !

Re: Best WakeBait Blanks?? - 09/24/16 09:50 PM

Those GetBit wakebaits are good baits...easy to decorate, cast like a bullet, leave a huge wake, and make a meaty plopping sound when they hit the water. Looking for something a bit smaller...
DCB Wakebait
Has anyone tried this one? I like the big eyes and textured finish. Looks good, but haven't heard a thing about how they fish. Not sure, but I'm thinking a wakebait is more like a topwater lure...all about the silhouette it makes since most every strike will be from below the bait??

Re: Best WakeBait Blanks?? - 09/25/16 12:41 AM

bait looks good but i don't have any experience with that one.

Re: Best WakeBait Blanks?? - 09/25/16 03:25 AM

i have a new rat style wake bait in route that i cant wait to paint. I have some cool ideas if I can lay them down on a canvas that is a different story.

Re: Best WakeBait Blanks?? - 09/28/16 12:14 PM

Found this CL8 wake bait on the net. Hand made in the USA.
Posted By: Californiabasser

Re: Best WakeBait Blanks?? - 10/07/16 07:14 PM

dang. Bradshuflin always gets the coolest blanks

Re: Best WakeBait Blanks?? - 10/08/16 05:00 PM

Thinkin' the tails on the two lures...CL8 and Brad's rats...are pretty nice. Wonder if they're removable/replaceable?

Re: Best WakeBait Blanks?? - 10/08/16 07:01 PM

cant speak for the others but on the rats i ordered you can replace the tails.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum