Texas Fishing Forum

What can we use

Posted By: Thecrankster

What can we use - 08/17/16 05:43 PM

I'm wanting to take baits apart and make new baits with diffrent parts...What can I use to glue them that won't cause the fishes not to bite them because of smell
Posted By: Rocket Surgeon

Re: What can we use - 08/18/16 03:54 PM

Epoxy works fine ...many people use Devcon 2 (30 minute version) as a finish, so there isn't enough of a significant odor to scare fish. Devcon also makes a 5 minute epoxy.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: What can we use - 08/18/16 04:23 PM

Am I totally wrong; but can't you buy blanks in two halves and put the parts in that you would like to have? Then have someone to paint the scheme you would like?
Posted By: Rocket Surgeon

Re: What can we use - 08/18/16 05:16 PM

There are one or two options you can find on eBay for 2piece blanks, but that's all I've found
Posted By: Thecrankster

Re: What can we use - 08/19/16 11:56 PM

I'm sorry guys soft plastics
Posted By: Santonio Banderas

Re: What can we use - 08/20/16 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Thecrankster
I'm sorry guys soft plastics

I'm a little confused by this.... you are wanting to take apart soft plastics and but them back together?
Posted By: Cast

Re: What can we use - 08/20/16 04:07 PM

Frakenbait?
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: What can we use - 08/20/16 05:56 PM

Back in the day they made a battery powered heat gun specifically for making or repairing plastic worms, craws, etc. It melted the plastic together ....worked great...maybe not so practical given the cost of soft plastics. Not sure if they still make such a thing??
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: What can we use - 08/20/16 09:25 PM

If you are going to reproduce several the Worm mender uses a battery and will not be a great thing. It is OK for a quick fix in the boat.

I use a solder gun, the old stick kind and it works great to build and add parts to plastic. Just have some extra chunks of plastic to lay in the gaps and more or less weld them together.
Posted By: TeamHillbilly

Re: What can we use - 08/21/16 12:42 AM

You might want to use a Zippo lighter. cyclop
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum